VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've bought an ex AA t4 from a friend.
It was the van that was used by Haynes when made the t4 manual
It's not in great condition tbh. And just don't know what to do with the thing:*
Clean it up as it is and sell it on or keep it paint it and convert it.
Has anyone got the t4 manual?
Are there any identifiable pics of the van in the manual.
I've got all the receipts and part lists from Haynes they did a lot to the old girl. Shame they didn't want to do the bodywork.

·
Full of Cr*p....
9,143 Posts
If that's his van I'm not surprised he's moaning about bodywork.....there's only half a bonnet! LOL:

Strange colour for ex AA too.

·
Registered
2,475 Posts
There is a picture of a yellow one on the back cover..( just enough to see that it is yellow, not a picture of the whole van and a picture of a red van on the front cover)

I have been looking in the manual for information about the vanes on the back of the cooling fans controlled by a wax stat and I can't find it.

Mine is an ex AA van. 2.5TDI ACVs have these vents, I don't know about all T4s.. But if they took an AA van apart and there is a yellow van on the back cover, so they must have done, then either they have omitted what I want to see or I just can't find it.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Cheers I'll have a look to see if there on this one.
I've got a 1.9td that's got the fan wax stat thing but don't know much about it.
Guess I'll have to buy a manual to sell with the van and all the receipts will be enough proof.
She's cleaned up quite good so far.

·
Full of Cr*p....
9,143 Posts
Cheers I'll have a look to see if there on this one.
I've got a 1.9td that's got the fan wax stat thing but don't know much about it.
Guess I'll have to buy a manual to sell with the van and all the receipts will be enough proof.
She's cleaned up quite good so far.
If you search in the TECHNICAL sections of the forum, there are loads of threads about the wax-stats for the fan vanes (and most people just remove them!....complete vanes, not just the wax-stats))

1 - 12 of 12 Posts