VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

As it doesnt look like any front seats for a T5 come with ISOFIX I need to add new foam to my drivers seat. The side panels on the seat area have gone flat.

Does anybody know where I can get the foam please? Can this be done without undoing stitching etc?

Thanks

·
Registered
510 Posts
Ade (superstitch) was advertising replacement foams last week
If the replacement ones are the same shape all you will need to do is take the cover off the seat and swop the old foam for the new new one

·
Formerly known as marcus250
871 Posts
Not sure of part numbers etc as i own a T4 but the fabric on the t4 has metal rods stitched into it which you 'unclip' from metal rods in the foam as you're taking the cover off. If you take your cover off the part number should be on the foam itself in huge numbers. Just thought i'd mention about the thin metal rods etc before you went tearing the fabric off etc. :)

·
Registered
98 Posts
I had the same problem when looking for parts that weren't standard on my van. The easiest way I found was to find van advertised with the correct bits I needed as standard ie seats for caravelle and quote that reg number to VW dealer. They can gets the correct parts straight of reg number on their system much quicker that way.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi

I've been trying to remove the base seat cover from the passenger seat as this is in the shed and needs a new heater matrix adding. I'll get the base foam part number from that for the drivers seat that is in the van.

I'm having trouble removing the cover though.

I've removed the up/down lever (bit fiddly getting the screw covers out) and the plastic trim on that side and the back but cant work out how to remove the 2 wind wheels from the other side. Anybody know how to remove the seat back tilt wheel and the lumber support wheel or shouldn't I need to do this?

I've found I've had to bend the metal clips slightly to free the cover on the ones I can get out.

Ive searched the forum for this and found plenty of posts saying its pretty easy but no detailed instructions.

Thanks

Darren

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.