VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, we are picking up a T5 transporter lwb converted by camper king a week on Saturday. Very, very excited!!
I want to get a Pucer cover for the pop top but don't know which one to order. Darren from Pucer says I need to know the type of pop top. Any ideas or should I just ask when we collect? Really wanted to order it now.
Also, and possibly a bit of a shallow question for you guys, my other half is possibly the only fella who doesn't barbecue :eek:and I wanted a griddle plate for the top of the two gas rings. Anyone got one? What do you think and any suggestions on make?
Many, many more questions to follow......sorry
Ann

·
Registered
491 Posts
I don't know how we could possibly know which pop top you had fitted ??????
think it may be good to ask who installed it!. quick! quick !. A:LOL: A:

·
Registered
223 Posts
Welcome to the life of t5's. But yes the question you asked about the pop top cover is like impossible to answer. But we are all still learning . I find posting a picture is always helpful. Even if you don't know who makes something, somebody does know the answer on the forum. Your other half will have to learn to use the BBQ never seen a griddle plate! But good luck on the open road.

·
Registered
396 Posts
I wanted a griddle plate for the top of the two gas rings. Anyone got one? What do you think and any suggestions on make?
Many, many more questions to follow......sorry
Ann
The forum's here for questions :) I've got a cast iron griddle plate that we occassionally use (no idea of make or even how we acquired it), but tend towards using a foldable bbq. Primus do an aluminium version that's designed for a full double burner that might be a bit OTT if you've got a Smev. Worth a browse in the cookware shop to see what's out there to suit your stove size? Enjoy your new van!

·
Premium Member
6,277 Posts
I would be VERY careful putting a griddle plate on a hub inside a camper. Having such a hot lump of metal on the little burners reflects radiant heat back down onto the burner which causes all the grommets to melt and your hub will rattle for ever more....

Re the roof, can we have a picture?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
http://needingworthcampers.com/mobile/results.php Thank you everyone. Mike, loving that electric griddle! Probably get one of those as we'll be hooked up most of the time. I'll get a picture of the van when we get it next week. Needingworth Campers have loads of pictures of thier vans here and they're all converted by Camper king but ours is a lwb and they
don't have one on there at the moment I don't think

1 - 7 of 7 Posts