VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Help, I'm struggling to make my mind up!
I struggle to tow my caravan with my 2003 88bhp 2.5, so I'm looking at improving things.
Basically I have two options, remap or uprated injectors. Both will give me similar power/torque increases but the remap is a fair bit cheaper than the injectors. My original stanadyne injectors are presumably on their last legs so replacing the injectors would seem to make sense but at considerable extra cost.
So, can I test the injectors to assess how knackered they are or just go for either the remap or uprated bosch injectors? :*

·
Registered
4 Posts
hi just fitted some project power pp0.5 injectors as my 88bhp it was a bad smoker
the van gose very well now and no smoke , i,m looking into a FMI and a remap ,
if you need more info give ron a try at project power .rob

·
Registered
74 Posts
We fitted the 102 intercooler and pp2 injectors
Remapped now. Its awesome. Its a big investment

£250 intercooler kit, £350 for injectors with fitting
And £200 for remap

Its great now. No smoke and about 140 bhp.

·
Premium Member
39 Posts
I assumed that to fit new injectors you would automatically need a remap. Is that not the case?
My t4 is smoking really bad so wondering if I can simply fit new injectors to see if it's better?

·
Registered
4 Posts
hi fitting pp0.5 injectors has stopped my smoke with no remap yet and the van dose go better
read up on project power on this forum ,hope this helps :)

·
6,707 Posts
Fitting PP0.5 kills 2 birds with one stone.

You are correct in thinking that old and tired stanadynes are better off in
Standyne heaven aka our bin and by fitting our Bosch PP0.5 not only do you get the benefit
Of new injectors but also a healthy improvement in power akin to that of a remap.

Here comes the good bit, you don't need a remap to run these puppies but you can have one any time in the future for up to
150 bhp as seen on some vans we have helped.

Hope this helps and feel free to contact me for more info.

Regards
Ron

·
Registered
27 Posts
Fitting PP0.5 kills 2 birds with one stone.

You are correct in thinking that old and tired stanadynes are better off in
Standyne heaven aka our bin and by fitting our Bosch PP0.5 not only do you get the benefit
Of new injectors but also a healthy improvement in power akin to that of a remap.

Here comes the good bit, you don't need a remap to run these puppies but you can have one any time in the future for up to
150 bhp as seen on some vans we have helped.

Hope this helps and feel free to contact me for more info.

Regards
Ron

hi ron, for the remap to make 150bhp would i need an intercooler or is this without intercooler. thanks

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
hi ron, for the remap to make 150bhp would i need an intercooler or is this without intercooler. thanks
Good man speedy21.

These are exactly the questions I have been pondering.

I have a Blue I and like them all it smokes a bit if left ticking over for a while.

This is what I want I know.
1. Can I simply fit PP 0.5's and what BHP might I get with them?
2. What might I get from PP 0.5's and a remap?

I have a standard Silver I Intercooler in the shed. Quite small compared to some of the front-mounted intercoolers I've seen.
Would it make much difference if not fitted? Will my clutch cope? Won't dump it at the lights.
Don't mean to hijack the OP's thread but want to be able to find it again.

·
6,707 Posts
Quick reply.....

PP0.5 - typically 120 - 125 bhp - after map - 140 bhp.

PP0.5 are super versatile.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hi

I'm new to the injector abbreviations but in the same boat here my little donkey is smoking and after rebuilding the top end think i should do her a favour and chuck in some new injectors plus whack on a inter-cooler, so i know i can get an inter-cooler from ebay or alike but where can i get the injectors and which type would be best then who in Cambridgeshire does remaps ?

Thanks

·
6,707 Posts
Hi

I'm new to the injector abbreviations but in the same boat here my little donkey is smoking and after rebuilding the top end think i should do her a favour and chuck in some new injectors plus whack on a inter-cooler, so i know i can get an inter-cooler from ebay or alike but where can i get the injectors and which type would be best then who in Cambridgeshire does remaps ?

Thanks
Hi Caserta,

Is your engine a 102 or 88 bhp ?
If you are happy to remap our PP1 injectors would be great.
If not remapping then PP0.5 may be more suitable as they don't need
A remap but you can ways do one later.

Kind regards

Ron

·
Registered
74 Posts
Easiest way to tell is intercooler wasn't fitted to 88

And gearbox position of reverse. 88 its next to 1st
102 its behind 5th.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts