VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just heard back from my mechanic that I need new injectors, symptoms, were smoking, loss of power and noisy running when accelerating. :eek:

If I get some new injectors, I was thinking of upgrading, possibly the ones by Rake It was my understanding that the previous owner upgraded the injectors, but I had no proof, apart from the power of my van!

If I get some more upgraded injectors, will i need a re-map, or can I drive around with them until i can afford the re-map? Also if I just get standard injectors will I still need a re-map as it has already been re-mapped and upgraded already (if I take the previous owners word for it)?

What am I looking at cost wise to get new injectors and have them fitted (rough idea) as I haven't had quote from mechanic yet.

I have 2.5 tdi 102 - ACV, Allard egr delete kit and pipe, pipercross air filter, decat, stainless exhaust system.

Thanks in advance for any advice or help.

·
6,696 Posts
I just heard back from my mechanic that I need new injectors, symptoms, were smoking, loss of power and noisy running when accelerating. :eek:

If I get some new injectors, I was thinking of upgrading, possibly the ones by Rake It was my understanding that the previous owner upgraded the injectors, but I had no proof, apart from the power of my van!

If I get some more upgraded injectors, will i need a re-map, or can I drive around with them until i can afford the re-map? Also if I just get standard injectors will I still need a re-map as it has already been re-mapped and upgraded already (if I take the previous owners word for it)?

What am I looking at cost wise to get new injectors and have them fitted (rough idea) as I haven't had quote from mechanic yet.

I have 2.5 tdi 102 - ACV, Allard egr delete kit and pipe, pipercross air filter, decat, stainless exhaust system.

Thanks in advance for any advice or help.
Hi Jay,

The only way to find out is to remove a nozzle and let me know the stamping codes.

With PP0.5 no remap required, for PP1 a remap is advised within 2 months.

I've replied to your PM too.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts