VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone got the new iPhone with the new software on it.

Been in the 02 shop lunchtime having a good play again :D its a very neat bit of kit and I only got a month before current contact expires ...

Looked at heaps of other contenders, pro's and cons with all, but bar a higher res camera and slightly lacking on the Bluetooth front it looks like being my upgrade choice !

Anyone who has lived with one, value some honest opinions .... battery life when connected to the net all the time ?

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
Im still thinking about the Nokia 5800 xpress music, but would be interested to hear any thoughts on the new iPhone

Also, Jimbo, having a "good play" in the o2 shop is not something you should admit to, or even for that matter actually do...

Family forum? I'd have thought better of you to be honest I:

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
I have had the iphone for about 4/5months now, its the best phone I have ever owned (and I have had a few), battery life could be better but other than that it ace, plus it fits in my idock built into my ash tray, and bluetooth handsfree works great T:

·
Registered
276 Posts
I had the 2.5G and then the 3G (which i swapped for the Google G1) and I have to say the iPhone is the best phone I have ever had (had around 50 different mobiles)

THe only draw back is the lack of physical keyboard can become quite annoying sometimes, but I really regret selling mine and wish I wasnt still in the contract otherwise i would be looking at getting the S version now.
Im still tempted .. if you can put up with the virtual keyboard (which will be far better now with landscape useability) I would say go for it.

Incidently, I'm not a musicy person so never had any music on it, only podcasts and audio books, and loved the interface, again nothing else has come close to it.

With a month left you can upgrade early too... A:

B

·
0 Posts
thought the new one and the sofware update for the old one made Bluetooth work with other devices

ask Mr Glover sure hes used it on his headunit

·
sc vw customs 1.9tdi convert
17,028 Posts
Hey, Mrs ColeseT4 here.

Have you thought about the Nokia N97??? This has a full qwerty keyboard and can access the Nokia Music Store. Nice piece of Kit.

Also a thought would be the Nokia 5800 Comes with Music edition - which means that you can download Free music from Nokia Music store for 12 months. Once the 12months is over you can keep the music you have downloaded.

By the way I am a bit biased as I work for Nokia Music H:H:

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
Hey, Mrs ColeseT4 here.

Have you thought about the Nokia N97??? This has a full qwerty keyboard and can access the Nokia Music Store. Nice piece of Kit.

Also a thought would be the Nokia 5800 Comes with Music edition - which means that you can download Free music from Nokia Music store for 12 months. Once the 12months is over you can keep the music you have downloaded.

By the way I am a bit biased as I work for Nokia Music H:H:
I have thought of that, but its a LOT LOT LOT of extra money for music dowloads when you can blag it for free from the net at home I:

·
sc vw customs 1.9tdi convert
17,028 Posts
I have thought of that, but its a LOT LOT LOT of extra money for music dowloads when you can blag it for free from the net at home I:
thanks for putting my wife out of a job..:(

Still least i no who to tell on about some illegal downloading.....I:......feel a reward coming on....LOL:LOL:LOL:LOL:

Dont think any phone is made now to last more than a year,with upgrade and all that,always ahve nokia's and at some point they always break,but cant beat the user interface of a nokia....

now where's that number.........I:...:D

LOL:

·
Banned
2,437 Posts
deffo go for the iphone

i have the iphone 3g and although camera is only 2mp

it takes really good pictures

just as good as most phones.

the new 3g-s picture would be even better.

not only that the internet is so much more advanced than any other phone

just like having a mini laptop.

plus i have all my music on me wherever i am

and whenever i turn the key on the van i can strem straight through to bluetooth head unit

buy iphone its the dogs

gazzagee got any pics of your idock in ashtray.

·
Registered
432 Posts
I love my iphone 3G
The only problem I have is im forever sneakily checking my email, facebook, ebay etc.. at work cos you can access them in seconds and you get unlimited internet access as part of the contract. :D Loads of really good apps and touchscreen is a real pleasure to use.
I got mine after realising how nice macbooks are to use. Goodbye PC's and other mobile phones, it's apple all the way for me! :D:D

·
Premium Member
5,238 Posts
Had my iphone for about 5 months now, and don't think I would use anything else now.
Signals is always good, internet is easy & fast. Ok, it took me a little while to get used to it, but now i just can't seem to fault it!

·
Premium Member
10,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Great info here guys A:

I could get the HTC High Def for a very good deal currently if I renew with Orange, but still tempted to 02 for the iPhone, the web surfing is the biggest attraction now, its probably going to be a bad idea having the Forum to hand 24/7 :eek:

I have read up on the N97 which also looks ok, but having lived with the N95 for nearly 18months now, looking for something a lot slimmer this time.

Jimbo

·
Premium Member
1,620 Posts
If you want Microsoft comparability, then there is better. If you want anything else, the iphone is better! It's that simple.

I read this and wrote this on my iPhone lying in bed!

I took a pic and added it to an email I was in correspondence with the council. Superb!

I' m planning wedding stuff, by the minute: as when the email beeps, I can reply immediately!

Applications, applications, app..... You get the message. There are apps for stuff you've never heard of, full strength games, great utilities......Consistently updated and down loaded for free.

... As said above, does what it promises. On paper there looks to be many pretenders; sorry - contenders, but your £££££'s have only one deserved home.

Pulling the forum up in 15 sec; checking street view from your pocket; 3g that can beat my 19/20 gig brodband; answering all of those 'pub' qu's that appear throughout your day...Straight away!

Ability, usability, credibility, with the only down side being- you'll start using 'ipone' as a verb

·
Registered
652 Posts
Having been a Mac user for 20 years now :)*) I have iPhone envy... really don't use my phone enough to justify the cost.... but if I could poke V**afone in the eyes with one I would!!!
(Still waiting for a handset upgrade... from 2 months ago :confused:)

1 - 20 of 76 Posts