VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do I have to go to a dealer for a new key? My new T4 only came with one and I need another. No idea how much it'll be either.

·
Meithered to death
2,859 Posts
There are flip key blanks on ebay but will need cutting and programming and wont carry the transponder immobiliser,bite the bullit and order one from VW T:

·
Premium Member
101 Posts
I've got a 95 T4 LWB, only had one key so decided to get another cut (copy of original) by bloke on the market were I am. Key had to be programmed and only cost me £20 (including the key)...and it works as advertised:)

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I've got a 95 T4 LWB, only had one key so decided to get another cut (copy of original) by bloke on the market were I am. Key had to be programmed and only cost me £20 (including the key)...and it works as advertised:)
Wow, so he had the whole key and fob in stock or did you have to bring one to him?

·
Premium Member
101 Posts
Wow, so he had the whole key and fob in stock or did you have to bring one to him?
He had the whole thing, just used the key i had to copy the profile (to cut new key) and stuck it in a little gizzmo and then spent 30 secs on a laptop....bear in mind the fob is a normal one with no alarm blipper or central locking. (van doesn't have either)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts