VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
T4 2.5 TDi 2003 SWB
4,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bosch have announced a new system to 'clean-up' diesel emissions. But it looks as though there's a fair way to go yet! The technology is there, and with anything technological the system sure needs to be miniaturised! They also claim that it can't be retrofitted to older model vehicles, but I'm pretty sure they'll find a way of making the system available as a conversion. Maybe I'm just being hopeful :cool:

> https://www.news18.com/news/auto/bosch-reveals-new-tech-to-drastically-reduce-diesel-emissions-1732299.html

I for one am not ready to change, not till I'm banned from driving on public roads ................. then there'll be hell to pay!

What d'you think ? Will you give-up your Diesel ? Will Diesel be banned completely ? I can't see it personally, millions of Diesel vehicles taken off the roads, scrapped! :*

TURK

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
It will work perhaps but will just be more over complicated rubbish fitted to an engine that will keep flashing up lights on your dashboard,internal combustion engines days are numbered for sure and over the next decade as sales decline and second hand is harder too find the newer vehicles with alternative power sources will take there place slowly,you will hardly notice it happening till the older vehicles are slowly outnumbered

·
T4 2.5 TDi 2003 SWB
4,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's happening quite fast over here in France already, people are panicking, wondering whether they should be selling their vehicles. People in built up areas are hardest hit. On the plus side, there should be quite a few good T4 deals coming up :) Question is, is it worth buying second hand Diesel vehicles at this point? :cool: And now with the new 'Control Technique' being tougher than ever, where do motorists turn ?

TURK

1 - 3 of 3 Posts