VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
New member- eventually taken the plunge and got myself a T4 having wanted one for ten years. Will be converting it into a camper for this summer all things being equal. Struggling a bit to get any companies to do bits and pieces of work unfortunately at the minute hoping that will change.
Cheers

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi Preston, that’s marvellous, we took the plunge a few weeks ago after a few years of toying with the idea. We cheated and got a ready made one. Exceeding all expectations so far 👌 Good luck. Zoe

·
Full of Cr*p....
8,713 Posts
"Struggling a bit to get any companies to do bits and pieces of work "

Yeah, most places don't not want to to do "bit's and pieces".....
Remember, they have a "reputation" to uphold...so want to do a "full job" or nothing.
If it's welding, let someone do it all....if it's mechanical, the same.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Zoe, hoping to get out on road ASAP.

Gazm I have noticed this. I wanted them to fit Tailgate window, replace side window with slider, carpet the inside and put down Altro flooring. Like your saying nobody seems interested unless it’s full conversion. I’m now getting to the stage where I’m going to independent companies and they are much more happy to have the business eg an auto glazer for Windows, vehicle trimmer for the other stuff. I’ll fit the kitchen pod unit and the full width bed myself. I’ll try take the van to auto electrician to check it over as my split charger seems to click on/off fairly randomly!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts