VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys, after a few months of searching, I've finally got my hands on my ideal van for starting a full conversion!

My first hurdle is the insurance. Its a straightforward ex chippies panel van, T26, no modifications. I need to insure it as a panel van, but I will be starting my conversion in the next few weeks as soon as the capital in my existing car is freed up. It'll be the usual thing; colour coding, windows to add, rock n roll bed etc, etc..

I've had a look at a few insurance threads, but some state that they wont insure panel vans without any mods, some have a limited number of mods allowed in 12 months and some will only insure completed conversions! I really cant afford to carry out any mods until I've got some more cash, but I need the van on the road asap!!

I cant imagine that my situation is that rare, some advice would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers M'dears!

·
Registered
5,955 Posts
hi try brentacre based in Swansea they don't mind mods give them a ring and there on here also hic insurance tel them your plans sure they will both look after you.T:

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Guys, I'll give them both a try tomorrow.

Another question just popped into my head! Do they consider your no claims bonus from a car, as the new vehicle is a commercial vehicle??:confused:

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey Guys. Greenlight have contacted me with a quote. Sounds pretty good, all mods at no extra charge etc.. Still waiting for Brentacre to call me back so that I've got something to compare it to tho.

Anyone know if they've got someone on the forum who would PM me a quote??

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Update...

Insurance sorted!!H:

Brentacre gave a really competitive quote, but whilst all modifications were free, engine tinkering was a no no!!:blg

Rang HIC and spoke to Vicky. Really helpful. Had the best quote yet from Equity Red Star, all mods allowed including remaps! Decided to go for it. NICE!

Let the conversion begin! LOL:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts