VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all
names Andy and i,m from Somerset, currently looking for T5 advice.Completley new to this so would like advice on what would suite my needs.Would like to buy something for day trips and going on holiday once a year with the missus 2 kids and dog any help on what would suite my needs or good places to buy would be greatly appreciated also any advice on what to steer clear of.
Thanks Andy

·
I have noticed I can't spell
6,177 Posts

·
Premium Member
849 Posts
Hi there and Welcome to the forum Andy :) i'm from bridgwater where are you from have a look at are van see what you think good luck with your van we all got to start some where dude if you need any help let mo know T:

·
Registered
10,391 Posts
Hi Andy and wife, couldnt tell you anything about t5 but im sure plenty of members will come along to help you, good luck with your search and welcome to the forum.
Ann

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
Welcome to the forum.
Whatever model of T5 you get swb or lwb, get yourself a drive away awning. The benefits and extra room they provide are well worth it T:

·
Registered
166 Posts
Hi Andy and welcome, i too am looking for a T5, but only have the one child currently.

I guess with the dog, you'd be looking at either a kombi swb, or a lwb converted to camper stylee. Be aware that medium or hi-top roof wont get into standard car parks, and the lwb might not fit your driveway..

I'm looking at getting a cab bunk (that sits on door cards) for little un, then perhaps convert roof when she's older or when a sibling arrives.

A caravelle suits me best, as i can adjust the seat position of the middle/back rows to suit my needs, day to day i'd need an mpv style van, so the twin sliders would help there.

Fyi the shuttle is a similar window van, but has fixed seating, no floor rails like caravelle.

Cheers, tony

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hi there and Welcome to the forum Andy :) i'm from bridgwater where are you from have a look at are van see what you think good luck with your van we all got to start some where dude if you need any help let mo know T:
I,M just down the road from you Taunton.

Thanks for the welcome.

·
Registered
45 Posts
hey all, thought id do the polite thing and say hi, im new to this forum thing and a new t5 owner.
must say though im glad ive joined and i will be attempting to fix my own central locking 2moro thanks to some of the threads on here.
be good to meet any fellow transporter drivers.......i live in sunny (lmao) cornwall so if anyone fancies a cheeky pint with a complete stranger when your down this way, feel free to call on me.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Hi Andy, I guess the van you choose depends largely upon your budget and practical abilities. If you want a project then I'd suggest a Kombi, with removable seats in the back. It will be practical for you straight away and gives you the option of fitting it out as a camper over time. I bought one recently for £8,700 - clean 1.9 2006 with low mileage.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts