VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys and girls, I thought I'd introduce my new toy; 2010 T5.1 LWB T30 140ps. I bought her from Antony and Ben down at FunkyDubz who were very helpful and accommodating (thanks boys I really appreciate the service). I think she's awesome :D:D:D

I've been lurking in the shadows for a while reading up on various topics with regards to converting, and no doubt I'll be picking the forum's brains a fair bit in the future. It's been around 12 years since I've owned a bus (type 2) and a lot has changed. I want to do a full conversion so there's a lot to learn but I'm really looking forward to getting started.:ILU:

·
Registered
354 Posts
Very nice :cool: Welcome to the blues!

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Lovely looking van J & C...... will look out for you as were often down your way.

BUT at the mo stray cats or small dogs could easily seek refuge under your arches.... :D LOL: so when you have some spare cash, i would drop it down a little.
It's taken us 2 & a bit years to decide on doing it or not ourselves...... :confused: This weekend we did it & dropped ours 40mm on H&R springs and can't believe the difference its made just by doing that.... T:

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks peeps, T:

Cak, you're so right. Although, I think I'll complete the conversion first so I have all the extra weight in her to get the balance. I'm thinking coil overs and replace the 18"s with 20"s. :jd

·
Premium Member
1,293 Posts
Thanks peeps, T:

Cak, you're so right. Although, I think I'll complete the conversion first so I have all the extra weight in her to get the balance. I'm thinking coil overs and replace the 18"s with 20"s. :jd
T:T:

Welcome along

Regards

Dan

·
Purveyor of the 'Dubz'!
459 Posts
Hi guys and girls, I thought I'd introduce my new toy; 2010 T5.1 LWB T30 140ps. I bought her from Antony and Ben down at FunkyDubz who were very helpful and accommodating (thanks boys I really appreciate the service). I think she's awesome :D:D:D

I've been lurking in the shadows for a while reading up on various topics with regards to converting, and no doubt I'll be picking the forum's brains a fair bit in the future. It's been around 12 years since I've owned a bus (type 2) and a lot has changed. I want to do a full conversion so there's a lot to learn but I'm really looking forward to getting started.:ILU:
Glad you like it, please do let us have some photo's when completed!!

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks guys, glad to be part of the crew.
The wallet's starting to hide from me now though as I seem to be spending a lot on new toys for her T:
Can't wait to start fitting her out.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
A simple letter, some printed pictures, two weeks away from home and the V5 is back... I'm now the proud owner of a Motor caravan with 5 seats! :ILU:

Now to contact the insurance company and get that well earned reduction. Oh! and an agreed valuation, obvi! T:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts