VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So just having a good look at my newly acquired van and noticed theres no Spare wheel/Tyre.
Anyone in Hants or WilTS got a spare they dont want?

·
Full of Cr*p....
7,780 Posts
Maybe a "hint" at what size wheels/tyres it is fitted with?
If non-std wheels, the reason for no spare could be it wouldn't fit in the hanger.....
I have 17" alloys, with 245/45-17 tyres, but the spare is a 15" with 195/70-15 tyre.....
Only problem is...also need 2 sets of wheel bolts as the steel spare is different to the alloys.

·
Full of Cr*p....
7,780 Posts
People nick the spare wheels, check if the carrier has been cut or damaged, as they cut through them to nick the spare wheel
Seriously?
My GAWD, I'm glad I don't live where you do LOL:

I have 2 sets of winter wheels/tyres (for 2 cars) just sat in my drive (5m from the main road).

Most people in our area do the same.
In winter, the summer sets live in the same place....totally visible to any passerby!

Hehe, it's the same reason I never have "Central Locking" problems....I never lock the van (unless in UK!!!)

T4, Smart ForTwo and a Smart Roadster in the drive....none of them ever locked.I:

Have to admit though, I'm in a "nice, quiet area"....Indian (on the forum) has changed the bolts on his door mirrors to security ones, as they kept getting nicked! (He's "darn south" though...) :eek:

·
Registered
968 Posts
Seriously?
My GAWD, I'm glad I don't live where you do LOL:

I have 2 sets of winter wheels/tyres (for 2 cars) just sat in my drive (5m from the main road).

Most people in our area do the same.
In winter, the summer sets live in the same place....totally visible to any passerby!

Hehe, it's the same reason I never have "Central Locking" problems....I never lock the van (unless in UK!!!)

T4, Smart ForTwo and a Smart Roadster in the drive....none of them ever locked.I:

Have to admit though, I'm in a "nice, quiet area"....Indian (on the forum) has changed the bolts on his door mirrors to security ones, as they kept getting nicked! (He's "darn south" though...) :eek:
The thing that depresses me about this is that it's clearly fellow T4 owners nicking stuff for their vans.

:(

·
Full of Cr*p....
7,780 Posts
Thing is, here in Norway, OLD T4s are "ten a penny".

Kids buy them for the annual "Russ" parties in Norway. (Google it)

They ALL are painted red, with various names on the sides of them (sometimes also sponsor names).

It's like a US graduation ceremony.....sex'n'drugs'n'booze for a couple of weeks.

Workshops/garages actually help out to make sure the vans are "safe"...even if the kids aren't!

NEVER heard of any wheels being stolen T:

You can go to the local tip and pick plenty up for free anyway. (My lodger gets them for his Passat...."new" tyres every year..LOL)

·
Full of Cr*p....
7,780 Posts
Yeah, but a 15" spare with a 195/70 tyre will be the same rolling diameter....so fine for a spare.
There's little chance you could get a 17" with the same tyres as you have into the carrier underneath.
Have you looked to see if there is one there?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts