VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Recently managed to pick up my first Van
2013 t5.1 ex RSPCA t26 twin slider start line with some choice extras (cruiseand lots of random wiring

Plan is to set convert to camper

so far I have:
Coded out speed limiter
Removed bulkhead
Removed old ply (under spray rubber lining)
Removed front seats and cleaned under mat
Sound deadened with dodo mat hex
Insulation going in
New THQ seat covers
Matt black badges

to do
Wiring kit on order from rayne with solar
Pop top booked with skyline
Ply lining kit on order
swamper side mouldings on back order
Off road tyres with Matt black steelies to fit
Most importantly name needed!

pics:

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks the spray rubber is a pig to get off but actually gives good sound deadening where I don鈥檛 need to remove it.
No garage so working on the street eves and weekends too cold to do any more insulation now so just starting to carpet the ply until it鈥檚 warmer

Registered
Discussion Starter #7
Great work, how are the covers attached? I'm intrigued for my van!
transporter HQ covers

they slide over and then the bases tie with cable ties (there's a video on the product page showing how they go on.

The drivers seat base was a pig ended up detaching it from the seat from underneath. the headrests also a PITA

they fit very well for covers would recommend for the price!

Premium Member
Great starting point you have yourself! Looking forward to see how this build progresses. Good luck!馃憤

Registered
Discussion Starter #15
Good progress today despite the cold.
Rear quarters and doors deadened, insulated and ply up.

I will carpet the door cards - plan is touse off it鈥檚 from sliding door apertures and pop top in.

Registered
transporter HQ covers

they slide over and then the bases tie with cable ties (there's a video on the product page showing how they go on.

The drivers seat base was a pig ended up detaching it from the seat from underneath. the headrests also a PITA

they fit very well for covers would recommend for the price!
My next buy methinks...

Premium Member
Great blank canvas to start with and nice list of mods.

As for naming the van, I think as you work on it, it'll start to show a character and you'll be hit with a light bulb moment. For ideas though, there's got to be names that relate to snowboarding etc that would work well seeing as it's white ie Snowy or Alpine.

Registered
Discussion Starter #18
Great blank canvas to start with and nice list of mods.

As for naming the van, I think as you work on it, it'll start to show a character and you'll be hit with a light bulb moment. For ideas though, there's got to be names that relate to snowboarding etc that would work well seeing as it's white ie Snowy or Alpine.
I hadn鈥檛 even thought of snowboard related names but I like it.

Currently thinking of star wars/stormtrooper related names. front runner is 鈥淭he Vandalorian鈥 or 鈥淰ando鈥 for short
Might have to get a chrome respray

Premium Member
Star wars related are quite common for white vans, I'd be more inclined to make it more personal to yourself, could even design / get some matt white decals for the rear side panels for that subtle look. Maybe a vinyl of a snowboarder leaping off a mountain? Just off the top of my head.

Obviously it's your project so your choice (y)

Premium Member
I hadn鈥檛 even thought of snowboard related names but I like it.

Currently thinking of star wars/stormtrooper related names. front runner is 鈥淭he Vandalorian鈥 or 鈥淰ando鈥 for short
Might have to get a chrome respray
I like the sound of The Vandalorian. Could always get a sticker of the mandalorian on a surfboard or something? Sort of the lines of what pduk had said.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts