VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

21 - 40 of 41 Posts

Premium Member
I do like that. Will go well with the van being jacked up and on some big bf Goodrich all terrain tyres馃憣

Premium Member
Going to be one good looking van in the end! Looking forward to seeing it!

Im on the opposite side of the spectrum, I want to go lowered, big alloys and tarty front splitter馃槀

Registered
Discussion Starter #27
Going to be one good looking van in the end! Looking forward to seeing it!

Im on the opposite side of the spectrum, I want to go lowered, big alloys and tarty front splitter馃槀
I love that look but living up in scotland the chunky tyres make way more sense also too many pot holes here to go as low as id want to!

Premium Member
I would like to be low but with AT's, reckon that would look proper aggressive although would be absolutely pointless other than looks.

If you're any good at design, I'd lean to designing your own mandalorian snowboarding, only needs to be a silhouette.

Registered
Discussion Starter #29
I would like to be low but with AT's, reckon that would look proper aggressive although would be absolutely pointless other than looks.

If you're any good at design, I'd lean to designing your own mandalorian snowboarding, only needs to be a silhouette.
Did you see transporter HQs latest YouTube vid? New AT wheels on an air bagged van - weirdly kinda like it.

I could design something i reckon need to find a way to print it to vinyl local maker space is closed :(

Premium Member
Did you see transporter HQs latest YouTube vid? New AT wheels on an air bagged van - weirdly kinda like it.

I could design something i reckon need to find a way to print it to vinyl local maker space is closed :(
No not seen that, will go have a butchers (y)
There's no rush, work up a design and once the signage company is open get them to do you a set. Putting you're own touch onto these vans is always fun.

Premium Member
Holy macaroni that looks awesome! Really liking them alloys, plus I need new tyres at the minute too :unsure:

Registered
Like the alloys, not convinced on the black rim , makes the wheels look small and the tyres look even bigger .
For me AT's need an aggressive looking tread pattern like the K02's ....but they're not an option in that size (n).

Registered
Discussion Starter #35
Not much progress as waiting on rayne kit before getting any further.
I am also waiting for an rcd330 coming from China so in anticipation decided to make my own add on loom for rear speakers and added tweeter wiring ...

Might be overkill with the oversized speaker wire but I had it lying about.

now to wait for ups and resist the draw of big speakers for now

Registered
Discussion Starter #37
Undecided currently.
I know the output of the rcd is pitiful (4x20watts apparently)
Any suggestions?
Just want something functional for now thinking some alpine SXE-1750s components upfront and eventually some 7inch coaxials in the rear (ply lining and side cabinets)

Registered
Good progress today despite the cold.
Rear quarters and doors deadened, insulated and ply up.

I will carpet the door cards - plan is touse off it鈥檚 from sliding door apertures and pop top in.

View attachment 187414
Looks nice - did you carpet the ply and then fix it on - hence seeing the black studs - that approach is what I am thinking as it allows the sides to be removed easier that way.

Registered
Discussion Starter #39
Looks nice - did you carpet the ply and then fix it on - hence seeing the black studs - that approach is what I am thinking as it allows the sides to be removed easier that way.
that鈥檚 exactly what I did.
Want to carpet the sides once pop top is fitted to do in on piece.
until then I have carpeted the large rear panels. Will do the rest with offcuts from twin door apertures.

I used 6mm ply lining and these screw in clips as I felt the offered a better pull to conform the panels to shape.

Registered
that鈥檚 exactly what I did.
Want to carpet the sides once pop top is fitted to do in on piece.
until then I have carpeted the large rear panels. Will do the rest with offcuts from twin door apertures.

I used 6mm ply lining and these screw in clips as I felt the offered a better pull to conform the panels to shape.
Is it better to carpet the complete side and cover everything, or have it so that the boards/panels can be removed "just in case"?

21 - 40 of 41 Posts