VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi all,

Thought i'd start my own thread after finally purchasing a 2007 T5 1.9tdi swb 3 weeks back T:
The van was entirely bought to 1 day become a full camper... and that day cant come wuick enough ha!

Anyway, heres a pic on the day of purchase

Bog standard panel van, with an attactive amber beacon light H:
1st day, didnt even reach home, took it straight for its colour coding, bumpers and mirror.
Picked her up the follwing day, amazing difference! excellent job! A:

On the way back it was a call to halfords to pick up my new head unit, and after realising we had free fitting, thought why not fit it now...along with a rear view camera that i installed myself as the kind man at Halfords fitted the headunit. a great piece of kit!

After pondering on where to put the camera, i finally decided with this position...

a few days later i decided it was time to start insulation, and headlining while waiting for the carpets from Mega Van Mats,
Purchased a few rolls of insul. from Wickes (staff discount) ha! and a few different materials to work on head lining.
(dragged the grlfriend down to help remove those useless clips ha!)

Front headlining = Head work!
but got there at the end in a decent state, will probably redo this in time to come but happy with it for now

Had a few decking lights lying around so thought id make use along with my mothers embroidery skills,
a VW badge in the centre really set this off.

Lights test...

Fitted with MVM long clips ( A MUST HAVE)

Carpets arrived T: top quality material... and a few days down the line, with alot of glue... stretching, heating and even a few @#@!"@!!! words, but most of all patience, the carpet was installed, along with the plyline floor.

Next both the side panels, and red vinyl floor.. also purchased from MVM, another great buy!

like a new xmas day when these arrived from merseyspeed... 20" RS4 style black and polished alloys..

...2 hours later....
from this

to...

Along with a black spoiler from VW Sinclair and Window deflectors...

Next... H&R 40mm lowering springs purchased ready to fit...
captain seats and 3/4 R&R bed, to do...

any info/tips... please state as im a total beginner willing to try and test

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Haha! Thanks, I'm sure she'll appreciate that. I had it from halfords. 1 of they're clearance items, down to £400. Great item! Easy to use yet there's every option to change u could want.

Thanks all for the comments.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I've used 4 photo hanging clips on each corner along with a few screws to secure, just slice the carpet a few mm and the screw will slip inside. Just have to remember where they are ha!! Thanks for all comments

New photos to follow after picking up Galaxy swivel seats yesterday. Fitted drivers today, fantastic seats, easy to fit and looks the part. Soo happy with them and literally a fraction of the price of vw seats. Now to source a single base to fit passenger.

Double bench and drivers seat for sale soon.

·
Registered
416 Posts
I would sugest a roof vent with a fan because it can get very stuffy in the hot weather and at night comited to do one on my van and glad i dit workes great and looks just as good .. your van will look fantastic when its finished keep us posted dont forget to pree plan your wiring lay out and fit the cables at the back of the pannels feeding them through the finish looks beter i messed up and dident do that wish i had .

Ian Nottingham

·
Registered
75 Posts
Went to see this van when it was for sale, Samlet road opposite the old B&Q if I can remember correctly, They had a yellow AA one there also. Did you have it coded at TWK Thomas ? Anyway its looking great ! keep up the good work T:

·
Premium Member
2,260 Posts
hi dalling7, rides looking sweet mate, check out our website, we do high end r&r beds and lots of trick bits like side bars and roof bars, all excellent quality.
Mention t4 forum to receive 10% discount when calling.
cheers
simon

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hi all, sorry for no reply anytime sooner, been rather busy...
Started to get back on schedule now.. headlights and rear lights replaced with black rear and "R8" headlights..
have now colour coded front grille and added barbon fibre strips... All photos to follow :)
Lowering springs still not fitted but will be asap... aswell as my CSR front splitter which arrived today from Germany... £92 delivered, paid friday at 4pm.. arrived 9am Monday... outstanding service and seems to be great quality..

marriott1570: Hadnt though about that, sounds about right but not sure if id like the look of it... Will have to have a look into it.

vstuning: It certainly was, small small world ha! yeah TWK coded, Family friends and done at a great price. You got yourself 1 in the end?

veedubtransporters: I shall keep an eye and hopefully pick up something soon.

Fox: Cheers mate.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hi all, just a bit of advie needed.... my Ford Galaxy seats already sat on swivels. i just fitted them to original VW bases, however, when swivel is in use, the seat catches the 'A' Frame, where the seat belt is and im rather afraid of it wearing or the belt catch tearing the leather.. is this usually the case or is there any advice to remove this issue? Thanks in advance.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts