VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone picked up my 1.9 td t4 on Saturday.

looking forward to this adventure and wondering if anyone has any tips or advice for a newbie?

·
T4 2.5 TDi 2003 SWB
4,685 Posts
Welcome to the forum Swordy ;)

I would be a little concerned about the alloys my friend, they look a little 'light' for a 2½ ton van :unsure:
Do you happen to know the load rating? or can you still ask the previous owner?

Not knowing the van's history ( I'm sure you'll tell us more later ), no doubt most of us would highly recommend a full service, particularly the belts.

I'm sure you'll love T4 ownership mate ;)

TURK

·
Registered
rusty heap ('95 t4)
2,733 Posts
any tips or advice for a newbie?
fix the existing problems first (there will be some:censored:) then put your own stamp on it.

beware of previous bodges modifications and look for hidden rust (t4's rust for funo_O)

as previously mentioned re. wheels, also check the wheel-bolts are long enough (seriously!) as standard 'steel' wheel bolts are usuallytoo short for aftermarket alloys and also the bolt's 'seat' can differ to that on the wheel with possible loosening while driving:eek:

and beware of Scene Tax...

otherwise, enjoy:cool:

Rich.

·
Premium Member
199 Posts
Welcome to the club, looks a decent base to get stuck into. Have a good crawl round underneath, look out for areas of corrosion that might need a clean up and rust treatment perhaps.

Nice wash and machine polish she will look a new van, loads of help and advice on here.

Enjoy it, take care 👍🏻

1 - 4 of 4 Posts