VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,
I’ve just bought a 2013 BiTdi 180 LWB Kombi. Got it off a mate. It’s done 104k and has been reliable for the 4 years he had it. It’s booked in for the EGR cooler to be changed to the latest one in an attempt to head off any issues that may arise from the well documented issues. After that my plan is to change oil every year. I only do about 5-8k a year so should be fine fingers crossed.

·
Premium Member
825 Posts
Welcome aboard Clarkey👍
Nice looking van there, I see it's already got range rover wheels on it too, the same as me.
What other plans have you got for the van? Other than the usual servicing.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome aboard Clarkey👍
Nice looking van there, I see it's already got range rover wheels on it too, the same as me.
Yes the wheels came with it although I’m not keen on the stance at the moment. Seems big arch gap? So that’s on the list to be addressed. I also don’t like the after market stereo that’s been fitted, I’ll look to add reversing camera system be it aftermarket or OEM if there is one. Also the steering wheel has no multifunction. I’ve become seriously addicted to the convenience of volume control on the wheel! Is that an option to upgrade?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Welcome aboard Clarkey👍
Thanks for the welcome by the way! The wheels on mine have a 10mm spacer. Is it needed because I’m paranoid about kerbing the alloys as they stick out a wee bit?

·
Premium Member
825 Posts
Yes mine is very monster truck at the moment too, the previous owner of the wheels had lowering springs on his, I'm not too sure if suspension works with them.
Also, I've got the 10mm spacers too, I think its to do with the clearance when turning the wheel due to the width and the offset of the wheel too.
I havent kerbed them yet but they do have minor damage to them anyway.
As for the wheel, there are a few people who have had the wheels replaced with ones that have the multifunction control on them, I think you can just do a search for them and a company will come up. Possibly Travelin lite, just read the description as it says the harness and fitting aren't included in the price.
I havent done much looking into a new stereo just yet, been happy with a 12v Bluetooth receiver for now.👍

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes mine is very monster truck at the moment too, the previous owner of the wheels had lowering springs on his, I'm not too sure if suspension works with them.
Also, I've got the 10mm spacers too, I think its to do with the clearance when turning the wheel due to the width and the offset of the wheel too.
I havent kerbed them yet but they do have minor damage to them anyway.
As for the wheel, there are a few people who have had the wheels replaced with ones that have the multifunction control on them, I think you can just do a search for them and a company will come up. Possibly Travelin lite, just read the description as it says the harness and fitting aren't included in the price.
I havent done much looking into a new stereo just yet, been happy with a 12v Bluetooth receiver for now.👍
Thanks for the info. I prefer the look of the wheels naturally filling the arches if you know what I mean. But mustn’t grumble as I’ve only had it 2 days!
As for the multifunction wheel, I can live without it if there is a traditional knob on the stereo to adjust volume, mine currently is touch screen which is problematic.

·
Premium Member
825 Posts
I've got the touchscreen buttons in my car, luckily I have the volume key on the wheel.
The van just has the scrolling wheel as it's the standard Head unit but has had a parrot system installed. Never used it and never intend on using it🤣

·
Premium Member
4,059 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Welcome aboard, as others have said it looks a nice clean van (y)
I had these guys install my mfsw - VWT5 T6 Upgrades - Wheels, Lazer lights, Suspension Kits, bike (vwt5-t6upgrades.co.uk) they are in Wales so could be a long drive. Luckily I found them a camper show in 2019 and had them do it there and then.
This guy is in Hinckley - Professional VW Conversions – VW T5 and T6 Conversions, once stop for all of it and can do a range of things.
Thanks a lot for those links. I’ll have a look. Liking the Hinckley one as I’m a Triumph bike owner too!

·
Premium Member
4,059 Posts
Thanks a lot for those links. I’ll have a look. Liking the Hinckley one as I’m a Triumph bike owner too!
No problem, there's a number of good suppliers of parts for anything van / camper related. Even keeping it as a kombi you could still install a roof rail and have a sun canopy packed away to give you and outdoor picnic space, couple of wind breaks also (y)

Reactions: Clarkey231
1 - 14 of 14 Posts