VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok as stated back here im getting my van prepped after an 8 month stand still. I had an inline chip fitted way back and noted when i started the van again after a long period the glo plug warning light starts flashing. This is typical when you put an inline chip and means you need to adjust the screw untiol the flashing stops... Rather than that i just remoived it as i wanted to run the van a few hundred miles in a safe manner seeing its sat for so long. I still get the flashing amber glo light after approx 1-2 mins of the van being started??? I then also noticed if i turn ther ignition key all the way on but without starting it it does excatly the same without the van even being started.

Any ideas??? im trying to get it booked for an MOT friday and reckon it will fail on warning light.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
not to worry i have found several quick fixes i need to try 1st.... like brake lights and brake switch and possible flat battery(Has been sitting with a flat battery for 8 minths and only just recharged it so im guessing its not taking a very good charge at all.) Will check lights this evening.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Checked the brake lights last night and that doesnt seem to be the issue. Now im thinking the battery level as i know the battery isnt hold a good charge. im going to try whilst having some jump leads in place to see if when the voltage is up high it relieves the issue.

·
Registered
9,434 Posts
Oddly your brake lights may well be working, when you check (my mate's were when we sussed his ) , but changing the switch solved it. I'm guessing that there was some sort of intermittent contact caused with van running. Should only cost 8 or 10 quid for a new switch, but worth a gentle clean and bend session on the contacts in the original one..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts