VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On now to my third t4, but this time its a bit different!
after buying my first house i had to sell my 2nd van to help pay for the deposit
so i sold this

then with extra i had spare i found this beauty on ebay!

first thing had to do as soon as i got home was remove the flashing beacon and rear window sticker
then onto the inside all the pannels and roof linning were dirty and scratched so i removed them and covered them and all the bare metal in the back of the van to tidy it up a bit

then after havin g the van on my drive for a week in the lovely english weather noticed that the ply on the back was completely soaked and bent went sood on so off to the timber yard and got some deaking boards way better now

so at the mo it looks a bit like this

it has 17 inch audi wheels on at the mo undecided on them as they have massive tyres on to big wor the alloy really but anyway may wait till after xmas then sort out some different wheels!
on the to do list
. slam the badboy
. fill in the parts under the bed with rear pannels and a rear bumper
. maybe turbo the 2.4d engine
. paint well hope i can do something like brown bed and roof and a sandy colour cab and rear body pannels
if money allows this certenly wont be a quick project!
T:

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
Hi!

A fine looking vehicke you have got there
I definately am considering a P/U or Doka myself as construction at home would make it most sensible ;)
I do realize you want to drop her down.
Have you considered doing a twist to your beauty & maybe giving her a "Offroad"-touch?

The wooden deck you have added certainly looks sweet! What material did you use & did you put any undercarridge underneight the deck?

Will for sure be looking at your thread*<:)>

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I did think about going for the off road look but I need it lower as I help my nan shopping and she struggles to get in at the mo as its alot higher than normal! And I used outdoor decking boards for the bed, treated timber!

It has been very usefull the van as I'm a carpenter and the bed is big enough for doors to lie down and wide enough for sheet materials,
Hopefully painting it in the new year! Hopefully anyway!

·
Registered
647 Posts
hi like the pick up ,have you seen the 1s about with rear beetle wings to the rear arches and with lower back ,also were did you get your headlights from off your van cheers karlT:

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i have seen a few pics with the rear pannels in not sure what they were off though, and the headlights were on the van when i got it so no idea im affraid!

·
Registered
113 Posts
Looking good. I'll have to put some updated pics of mine.
What did you hold the bed floor down with?

Can you put some pics of inside rear. I had no seats in the back of mine.
I'm using mine as a daily drive/work bus and have a smile every day.
Thanks Dave

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No updates at the mo as need to sell this one unfortunately recession has hit me and I have no work at present so it has to go to pay the mortgage :(

·
Registered
518 Posts
No updates at the mo as need to sell this one unfortunately recession has hit me and I have no work at present so it has to go to pay the mortgage :(
OH NO sorry you have to sell it.im having simular problems,after getting caravelle of my dreams.lets hope we pick up work soon,

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes I hope all works out for you to! Don't want to sell but I no ill keep spending money on it and I don't have any! So sacrifices have to be made! Was looking forward to the project as well!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts