VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 146 Posts

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi allT:
After what felt like a life time of a wait my 140 swb finally arrived 6 weeks ago
So thought i best start taking some pics as things are changing and my wallet is getting lighter a lot quicker than i expected:eek:

Bog standard

Then came the 20" Lenso's dropped on Vmaxx courtesy of Merseyspeed

Fitted some front fogs Caravel grill and black vw badge not wired the fogs yet will get round to it before its first MOT in 3 yearsI:

Last weekend had a go at putting the ply floor in decided to make this in three pieces thought it might be easier to just lift either side to run wires in when i have decided what i want in the back.:*

To be continued ..............

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
very nice van,
keep an eye on northwest section for meets/ camp overs, not to much going on over winter but will be a few little meets or summot.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cheers folksT:

Cheetham hill road know it well I used to live off dewsnap lane I live in the old mill on castle street now, I'm off to see Andy in cheethams mill in a few weeks he's doing some bits and bobs for me while I'm working awayT:

·
Registered
6,655 Posts
Hiya buddy....welcome to the madness of vw owning...
If your intrested some of the north west lot are having a mini meet on friday night(chippy night) at wood street chippy in bury.. people will be getting there from 6.30 till whatever time they leave........pm me if your intrested and ill give you the post code

Ps
Nice looking van...........for a t5LOL:LOL:

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hiya buddy....welcome to the madness of vw owning...
If your intrested some of the north west lot are having a mini meet on friday night(chippy night) at wood street chippy in bury.. people will be getting there from 6.30 till whatever time they leave........pm me if your intrested and ill give you the post code

Ps
Nice looking van...........for a t5LOL:LOL:
Cheers bud T: but working in sunny Glasgow at the mo not back till late Friday maybe another time!

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
Cheers folksT:

Cheetham hill road know it well I used to live off dewsnap lane I live in the old mill on castle street now, I'm off to see Andy in cheethams mill in a few weeks he's doing some bits and bobs for me while I'm working awayT:
Andy at AJC i presume,he does some good work,you wont be disappointed.

i`m near the end of cheetham hill rd,nearest Hyde,your van does look really nice already.T:T:

·
Registered
85 Posts
Nice workT:

I'm tempted for a Caravelle grill for mine too, looks really well on yours, I presume you went to the dealer for it ?
That and some sort of splitterI:

Know what you mean about the wallet getting lighter :eek:

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Nice workT:

I'm tempted for a Caravelle grill for mine too, looks really well on yours, I presume you went to the dealer for it ?
That and some sort of splitterI:

Know what you mean about the wallet getting lighter :eek:
Cheers budT:

Ye dealer bought bit pricey tho!

I've got my eye on one of these front spoilers think they suit the facelift well
http://www.vanstyle.co.uk/shop/product_info.php/products_id/4241

Just looking at seating bed options for the rear too along with leather retrims the list just keeps growing:eek:

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ok here's a quick update dropped the van off at AJC conversions in good old Stalyvegas this week for a three day interior makeover.

I met Andy the week before to discuss what i wanted him to do and about me being completely OCD regarding the work to be carried out on my van!(believe me i am a picky b!) fair play to the guy this is the first time i have had any work done on a vehicle where the guy doing the job actually gives s**t how it turns out!! cheers mate top jobT:T:T:T:T:T:T:T:T:T:

so this is what i went for

2 side windows with 90% tint
Full rear insulation
Full height rear quarter panels
Full line out in anthracite
ceiling panels in black faux suede
19 inch pyle view drop down with built in dvd usb/sd card media player
Rear courtesy lights deleted
8 dioder led down lighters on two savage switches
split charger
leisure battery
240 inverter
3 pin socket
12v socket
battery tester

Hopefully tomorrow i will have a crack at fitting my caravelle rear rails and leather seat bed weather permitting:*

To be continued....

·
Registered
3,132 Posts
Hi Andy,

Thanks for the comments and glad your happy with the work T:

You have not got OCD, Your got something even worse than that Rasp:

Hope the caravelle seat fitting goes well, I may want to pick your brains on that one :D

Going to look at a 140 next week, Fingers crossed

Cheers Andy T:

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hi Andy,

Thanks for the comments and glad your happy with the work T:

You have not got OCD, Your got something even worse than that Rasp:

Hope the caravelle seat fitting goes well, I may want to pick your brains on that one :D

Going to look at a 140 next week, Fingers crossed

Cheers Andy T:
No probs bud T:

Hope its a black one your going to view LOL:

Got the rails in :bhd not one for the faint hearted especially on your own at the top a sloping driveway feel free to get in touch when the time is right might save you a bit of time and pain:D

Just another new floor to make and i will throw some pics up... :(

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ok heres a little update of what I've been up to ... God damn its getting cold out there:eek:

Got round to installing the caravelle rail system i bought from Colin @ oxford T5 along with a triple rear seat, turned out to be a more time consuming job than i originally had thought:* don't think i would do another unless i had a helper and some way of getting the van off the ground a little higher:rolleyes:

Apologies for the quality took these at night with phone

First fit of rear seat believe me these seats are damn heavy !!

Today i got round to making a start on floor I chose Gerflor vinyl floor tiles in zebrano chocolate
Yet again the bloody cold weather and early night fall got the better of me so i had to cut it short:mad:

I will probably get this finished over the xmas period while I'm off will post some clear daytime pics when its finished *<:)>

To be continued......

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Them seats look good andy T:

Now i dont know what to do with mine :bhd

Keep the pics coming T:

Cheers AndyT:

I know bud decisions decisions it's a tough one I started off wanting to do a full blown camper the more I thought about it ended up wanting a multivan come camping van come family bus come large item mover!
Best of all worlds I think :*

I know I will change my mind again I:

Just need to get my hands on a multiflexboard as cheap as possibleLOL: and come up with a plan for a removable pod in the new year:)

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
Good work andy's!! What are those light switches? Floor is looking awesome, are they small tiles of vinyl?

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Good work andy's!! What are those light switches? Floor is looking awesome, are they small tiles of vinyl?
Cheers guys T: the switches are from this guy plenty of designs to go at
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Savage-La...rParts_SM&hash=item1c0a7e85c7#ht_1583wt_1304/

The floor is from this place

http://www.gerflor.co.uk/

These are long 3mm thick vinyl tiles you just put a primer on your floor then peel the backing off then stick downI:
supposed to be hard wearing come with a 10 year guarantee..we shall see...

1 - 20 of 146 Posts