VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys n gals.

I took inspiration from the backlit dancefloors you see in the movies and some clubs.

It's a 5ft round white perspex table top from the company I work for (given, not stolen :) ), backlit by a 5m led strip and mounted on 4mm 8x4 sheet, which mounted very easily to the curve of the roof. It's run off a 12v music controller (leds and controller from ebay).

It dims quite nicely in all colours, and when on full brightness, the light shines quite far at night. Good for little parties when I working festivals in the summer! :ILU::cool:

I'm soon going to add 2 rings white perspex to go around the forward facing speakers and run them off a seperate controller for contrasting colours and a less "in your face" light when lying in bed.

What do you reckon to the set up then? Not too over the top?I:

To those interested, it's Alpine amps and type r comps and sub. Sounds nice and clean and thumps loud when required.

Here's a few photos of the fixings as requested by someone, it's all held up by plastic screw rivets similar to the ones used to hold up the original headlining, only these ones are twice as long. Ebay link

Where the plastic strip goes acroos the roof to cover the gaps between boards in the standard roofling, the female part of the clips can be prised out of the holes in the roof and the holes are the same size as for the rivets. So in total, there's 4 lines of rivets going across the roof (2 lines are under the perspex).

It's low profile, which helped it mould to the curve of the roof:

·
Registered
728 Posts
thats cool I like that. :)

TO embed I would say upload to vimeo or to youtube and then use the tags to embed, dont think you can from tinypic

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
Definately different & bound to be a cracker at festivals & the likes.

Over the top? Well, that is a matter of opinion. I myself would go dizzy with all those flashing colours
but nicely dimmed it would work great:)
A great ideaT:

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Over the top? Well, that is a matter of opinion. I myself would go dizzy with all those flashing colours
but nicely dimmed it would work great:)
A great ideaT:
The flashing effect could be a bit overwhelming, but it wont necessarily be used in that function too much. I think it will be less"offensive" when there's some contrasting permanent light.

Mate i love this. Top work! Can you post some picture of it in normal daylight so i can see the fixings.
Yeah sure, I'll take a couple of pictures tomorrow. I've got a couple of spare fixings that I used and the ebay link for where I bought them, so will give all the info when I post the photos.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Looks great mate.
Thats just what i am looking to do. I just posted a thread up here about the RGB. Dont know if the controllers can handle the voltage changes.:*
Can you help me on this?
Also would you mind if I maybe stole your perspex idea?I:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts