VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Does any know just what is needed to fit the seat rails to base, ie Torx bolts or Nuts, and what sizes they are. 7mm or 8mm, as there is threaded studs sticking up at from and holes in the rear.
Also, I can see how a torx bit can tighten the back fixings, but wouldn't one need a socket to tighten the front nuts, getting a socket between the rails would be a little difficult or not ????
many thanks

·
Registered
102 Posts
I'm not at home at the moment so can't check, but the rear bolts aren't torx, they're spline bits - you can get them on amazon or eBay. You can get them to fit a socket set or (like I did) in the same form as an allen key. The front nuts aren't huge, I moved one of my swivels over the other week and didn't have a problem with my smaller socket set on them.

Only other thing I would say is get a decent set of splines, as if the bolts are seized tight, cheaper ones may be too soft and get eaten up by the bolt head.

·
Registered
515 Posts
on my 2010 T5 the nuts at the front of the seats and bolts at the rear of the seats are removed with a 13mm socket,when you refit the seat get all four in before you tighten them as the seat runners can twist out of line slightly when the seat is removed

·
Registered
7 Posts
My 2005 had spline bolts in captive nuts at the back and 13mm nuts on captive studs at the front. All M8's I think. The front ones are easy enough to undo with a small socket. I replaced the splines with hex heads when fitting swivel bases.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts