VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys

Apologies in advance for the punterish message.

I have just bought a new ex-AA 2003 T4 and I am about to remove the captain's seat and the double seat. I would really like a pair of leather swivel seats like the Saab 3000 Rockys. I was wondering if I might be able to ask some advice on this.

Can I put any seats in on top of a swivel base, and if not, what is the maximum measurement (or biggest type) for a seat in my van?

I have read that some seats can be 'too high' when on a swivel mechanism and need modifying - is this right?

When I buy from a breakers yard, does the complete sliding mechanism come with the seats, and how would I attach this to the swivel mechanism?

Thank you so much to anyone who can help a damsel in distress

Lucy T:

·
Registered
2,449 Posts
as far as measurements i am no help. when you buy some seats from a scrappers try and get the runners for the seats as well. some have the runners bolted down to the car, this is the best case because you can then bolt or weld them to a swivel base.

if the runners are welded to the car then you can always cut them out and weld them to your seat bases!

·
Registered
306 Posts
looks like a good idea to get rid of the old seats me thinks T:read my thread in "interiors" about the captain seat just sold on ebay for 230quid! mine could be going real soon if they are fetching this kinda dosh!:D

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
In case anyone searches and finds this thread you need to do a couple of things with the Saab seats:

Get some metal plates made up that are wider than the swivel
If you are using the fasp swivels make sure they attach to your base (if not use a file!)
Attach the metal strips to the swivel first
Mark the front of the runners and then drill holes
Attach the fronts and then mark back of runners

Put in van!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts