VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all

im looking for someone to finish of my side units running out of time,as i wanted to try and get the van registered by end of march.

am i right in saying as of end of april you wont be able to register a full camper conversion if you have done it yourself ?

looking for a camper conversion company ,willing to drive a couple of hours

many thanks
simon

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Im located not far from coulsdon high street

Ive rung several companies doing conversions dvla and vosa no one seems to know excatly whats going on at the end of april

The only advice i have been given is on the safe side finish the conversion by april as there are changes to the classify of motorhome

·
Registered
51 Posts
Hi I went to vosa (Nottingham) today and had a word. as from April 2012 type approval comes into effect for all NEW motorhome's meaning that they have not yet been registered, if you are converting a panel van to campervan(motorhome) and it has already been registered ie: its got a logbook etc it is already type approved and still comes under dvla . they did say that depending which dvla you come under they may ask you to take a voluntary test. I have also been told that the dvla has revised the rules (sep 2011) on what is a motorhome something to do with what the van looks like from the outside !! will know more soon I have had an email back from vosa (swansea) saying that they will confirm all of this to me . There are also revised british standards(which I have) relating to motorhomes/campervans that came in to effect on 31 March 2011 such as gas and electrics etc and there are changes which will effect everybody . hope this helps. I am still waiting for swansea to confirm if I can help pls contact me

Just to let you know I have been in this industry for over 45years dealing with all types of leisure vehicles.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts