VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few pics od my efforts so far. Theres still some sorting to do. I need to wire up the stereo amp for the front speakers and the bass amp for the sub. But with the new headunit and components its sounding sweet as!
[/img]

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
OOOps first attempt at pics. The pic of the tweeter sat in the A piller was my first attempt. I decided i didnt like it after putting my head between them for a listen. So I mived them into some pods I made using Ikea drinking beakers. Unfortunaley its left the holes but Ill sort this today by wrapping them in some sort of cloth. But they sound far better there.
Speakers are Vibe 3d 6 components. The tweeters sit ontop of a mid driver.
Headunit is a Pioneer job with Bluetooth and ipod control
Sub is a 12" VIbe space single port compact design
Amps VIbe space Bass 1 and a Vibe space stereo 4
Sound deadening from Ghost car audio.

Thanks
Dun

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Got them carpeted by simon lee conversions here in middlesbrough. Well pleased with them!!

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cheers fellas. I'm planning on getting the door cards covered in leather which will cover the old speaker grilles. This will tidy up the new speaker rings too. I'll do that when I have the seats retrimmed. Funds allowing. It's a expensive game!!!haha!!!

·
Registered
238 Posts
I've got those vibe space speakers, my 3 inch mids have blown already both sides. Not impressed considering they're supposed to be 90w rms.

And one of the 5" woofers had the edge of the cone come off the chassis. I had to glue it back on.

I'd like to replace the mids as I built a custom pod for them but not sure if I buy more they'll hold up.

Put me off buying VIBE again that's for sure! So much for buying British!

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Iv got a vibe space stereo 4 running the fronts. Got a spare Channel if I add some rear speakers in the future. and a space bass 1 running the sub. There not wired in yet so I'll add more pics next week. I think they sound superb and I'm well happy with my pods and how they look. Looking forward to getting the sub running.
I would have to agree about the build quality. I had to glue a cable back onto the cone of the woofer which came loose. Some screws were missing from the speakers. my bass RCA had a split in it. My original amp looked burnt out. Everything got sorted but it's annoying and took the fun away from doing it. I was going to get MTX but thought I would buy British!!!! I may of been unlucky!! That said the vibe 3d speakers sound really crisp and loads better in there pods. Allows the 3d system to really work!! I think I'd still buy vibe.

·
Registered
230 Posts
I've got those vibe space speakers, my 3 inch mids have blown already both sides. Not impressed considering they're supposed to be 90w rms.

And one of the 5" woofers had the edge of the cone come off the chassis. I had to glue it back on.

I'd like to replace the mids as I built a custom pod for them but not sure if I buy more they'll hold up.

Put me off buying VIBE again that's for sure! So much for buying British!
I had the same thing. I sent my first lot back. The factory told me it was a glue fault. The second set had the crossovers blow twice. I have replaced them with Pioneers to go with my avic head unit (cant remember which ones TS something) they sound great and handle my heavy bass well. I am more than happy with my black deaths and the active sub, but Vibe have been tainted for me to. I posted an honest review on their website and they took it down. Nothing that wasn't true and I was even handed I thought.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Ps all that said the set up sounds great. My other half has the kettle on while I am on my way home. I can be heard as I enter the estate. apparently the house windows start to vibrate. Good luck with getting finished. Maybe we can compare at an event some point this summer.

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
sounds good. Planning on getting to the leeds festival and vanfest this year.

Dun

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

Some more efforts.
Amps mounted behind the drivers seat on the side panel.
Vibe space 8's mounted in sealed boxes. Need to to think about these a little more. They are subs so Im sure the boxes will be far too small. My other thought is to mount in the doors below the current 6.5's.
I mounted the amp remote too. I like the postion of it its perfect. But I now need to try and tidy it up a little.
I v made some new pods for the door speakers to get them firing upwards. Time to play at fiberglassing again:eek:

·
Registered
238 Posts
There are volume equations for subs, just do a search online and have a look on the vibe website they will most likely have volumes stated for the subs, check if they are best suited to sealed or vented boxes.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts