VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'v just put in a Clarion vx404e in my camper, everything works hunky dorey, with the exception that the stereo cant be turned on without the ignition being on, is this right or am I being a Div.
A bit annoying having to leave the keys in when your parked up!
Thanks for any advice

·
Premium Member
4,721 Posts
I'v just put in a Clarion vx404e in my camper, everything works hunky dorey, with the exception that the stereo cant be turned on without the ignition being on, is this right or am I being a Div.
A bit annoying having to leave the keys in when your parked up!
Thanks for any advice
Im afraid no aftermarket unit can be switched on unless the key is in the barrel, unless it is wired permanently, which you will have to switch it on/off manually or use a switch system off a leisure battery, this is very popular is easy to do

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The leisure battery idea could be a goer, as the wife wants me to put in a reversing camera! Why I dont know, as she drives a 20ft mini bus without one during the day!!!!. So it seems logical to do them both at he same time, presuming they take the same route through the cupboards. But what would the best way to get the wires from the cupboards across the driver step to the head unit? and what wire would liven the stereo?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts