VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, in the REAL spirit of a forum run BY enthusiasts, FOR enthusiasts, may I suggest collating all the FREE modifications (or those that are cheap as chips) into one forum.

Obviously, the recent 'short shift' gear thingy is a must - but then there's the 'heat gun' trick for the bumpers, the 'boost/fuel' thing for the 1.9TDs, lowering the front torsion bars - I'm sure there's many more.

Personally, the biggest turnoff I have with the entire VW 'scene' is the fact that too many people are too quick to try and make a fast buck off the ignorance of others - let's try and redress that balance by offering FREE advice without the added 'scene tax'!!

Keep the £10 a year subscription - I don't have an issue with that - but let's start offering some real FREE advice, not just links to yet another place where someone can make a quick buck out of selling advice they've probably read on here in the first place!!

BTW - anyone that wants FREE trimming advice from a BENTLEY MOTORS trained interior trimmer can always drop me a line!! T:

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
So-Kal, excellent idea matey. Might I add the suugestion of blanking off the egr valve? Not done it myself but if you do what T4trick did and make your own blanking plate from a bit of saw blade and cut your gaskets from a sheet of gasket paper its near as damn it free.
Painting the door cards and dash is also pretty cheap and makes a huuuuuuge difference to how you feel driving your bus.
P.S. would really like some trimming tips from a Bentley motors trimmer. Will PM you when I have some stuff to trim. :ILU:

·
Registered
378 Posts
I can't find the 'short shift how to'
Any ideas?

It must be easy if it only takes half an hour......

·
Premium Member
10,679 Posts
Keith

Great idea. I like that and the principle behind it.

I'm away from a computer at the moment...can I ask that this thread be used in the meantime to try and collate a list of popular ideas as has already been started and when I'm back from my little family holiday I'll organise something.

Simon :ILU:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts