VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

Just picked up our first van today, T4 2.5TDi 2002, 170K. Beyond excited! Spent a few hours on here researching what to look for before we bit the bullet, so thanks for the infos, haven’t been on a forum in years, takes me back a decade, don’t do Facebook so great to find an alternative.

I’m super nervous about driving & parking it, not driven anything so big. Don’t have a drive to park it on will learn fast hopefully.....my OH is fine but female stereotypes a go-go!

Heres a few pics, it (she/he) is in great original condition just need some mudflaps and a leisure battery. We are Devon based lots of local fun to be had.
Cheers

·
T4 2.5 TDi 2003 SWB
4,531 Posts
Welcome to the forum bubblezoe ;) (y)

Very nice bus mate ( you should get her a name! ) looks like the previous owner took great care on her.
One of the first things I would consider getting for her are side bars. Not only do they make the van look better in my opinion, but they also protect the sills. There's nothing like taking a sharp corner and hitting an unseen rock and damaging the sills. If you scratch a side bar, no big deal! they can be replaced. Just take a look at my build thread, you'll see 'Lulu' with her side bars, and you'll know what I mean instantly.

don’t do Facebook so great to find an alternative.

I don't do 'Farcebook' either, I would say that this forum is hardly an 'alternative' to farcebook .................. it's far superior, here you make friends, on farcebook you encounter idiots! :confused:

TURK

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks @TURK, much appreciated, will take at look at Lulu, I like the sound of ding prevention. I feel like a bit of a fraud on here with my off the shelf bus but we don’t have the skills or time to undertake a DIY conversion. It’s mega seeing the creativity of others though. So much diversity.

·
Registered
9,237 Posts
Hi Zoe and welcome 👋.
Looks very nice , are you pleased with it ?
So is the plan to just get out and enjoy it as is or have you got other stuff planned for it?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi Zoe and welcome 👋.
Looks very nice , are you pleased with it ?
So is the plan to just get out and enjoy it as is or have you got other stuff planned for it?
Hi, TY so much, keeping it local for now with day trips, what with the virus threat. It's (no name) just come back from Italy but we have no plans to take it overseas ATM, up to to Wales & Scotland next year hopefully. Replacing airmiles with busmiles :)

·
Premium Member
1,901 Posts
Welcome aboard Zoe (y) she looks like a cracker, clearly been well looked after over the years. I'm sure over the coming days / weeks you'll want to add some personal touches of your own, and there are limitless options, have a butchers through the build threads for plenty of inspiration, and most of all, enjoy buslife! 🤙

You're so lucky living in Devon, I used to holiday in Woodbury Salterton when I was younger and frequently visited Exmouth beach and the surrounding towns, can't wait to take my van down for some camping trips.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Welcome aboard Zoe (y) she looks like a cracker, clearly been well looked after over the years. I'm sure over the coming days / weeks you'll want to add some personal touches of your own, and there are limitless options, have a butchers through the build threads for plenty of inspiration, and most of all, enjoy buslife! 🤙

You're so lucky living in Devon, I used to holiday in Woodbury Salterton when I was younger and frequently visited Exmouth beach and the surrounding towns, can't wait to take my van down for some camping trips.
Thanks Pete, we paid a little more to get something in such original condition, buslife indeed. Devon is glorious RN but the busy spots like Exmouth are full of Covidiots so unknown Dartmoor spots here we come. Woodbury is nice, I must admit the roads are lovely and empty at the mo but for how long, I think the whole of the UK will be heading down this way soon.

·
Premium Member
1,901 Posts
Thanks Pete, we paid a little more to get something in such original condition, buslife indeed. Devon is glorious RN but the busy spots like Exmouth are full of Covidiots so unknown Dartmoor spots here we come. Woodbury is nice, I must admit the roads are lovely and empty at the mo but for how long, I think the whole of the UK will be heading down this way soon.
Fingers crossed paying a little more upfront will result in less payments over the years (y)
I have to admit a few times I considered taking the journey down once they relaxed the rules, but felt it's still risky and I'd only be contributing to the problem, I am and have been looking for lesser known areas and making sure I didn't have to interact with shops etc by packing everything I would need for a trip out.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Fingers crossed paying a little more upfront will result in less payments over the years (y)
I have to admit a few times I considered taking the journey down once they relaxed the rules, but felt it's still risky and I'd only be contributing to the problem, I am and have been looking for lesser known areas and making sure I didn't have to interact with shops etc by packing everything I would need for a trip out.
Nice one for thinking about the locals!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
👋 We’ve been out and about in the bus. The waving is nice, what’s the etiquette, only wave at other T4s? The T5s don’t seem interested! We were told about the waving, lovely!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts