VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

just bought my first T4, a 2000 LWB 2.5 TDi in Red (faded pink more like....lol), not owned a dub since my Golf anniversary many moons ago so kinda excited (i know, i'm a child!!!)
She's done a good few miles but runs sweet as a nut (touch wood) and had 2 mechanic friends look before commiting my hard earned to a high mileage van.
Got a good few plans for it and definately not enough £££'s to carry them out! I race karts so she'll be a race transporter, day van and my daily driver!
First things first I need a set of alloys (anything considered if you have any) and to lower her stance a bit.
Planning to drop the plyline out and put some sound deadening in before refitting the ply and fully carpeting it, and god knows it needs some decent speaker in the back!!!
All advice for keeping a high mileage van happy will be gratefully received, as will any other advice!!
Am loking for anything to pretty the van up inside and out so if you've got any spare bits and pieces for sale please let me know?

Steve

·
Registered
518 Posts
dont worry about high mileage these go forever with regular servicing.in fact i reckon if used all the time they give less trouble,mine has done high miles but it was a airport taxi,twice a year strict mot,and service to the book, i would happyly drive it any were with no worrys.so my advice is oil and filter every 5,000 miles. keep standard wheels at moment for winter,they are better for snow thinner tyres best in snow.and look around for good alloys ready for the spring.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers for the advice, was hoping that was the case, had a few days to sort some parts for it so have so far ordered -

19" rims
50mm heavy duty springs
10mm lowering plates
cab mat
wind deflectors
clear front indicators
small solar panel to keep a leisure battery trickle charged)
mkIII Golf splitter
Drivers seat cover
and last but not least some different headlamp bulbs
(ooh and my blueberry jellybean air freshener.....lol, it still smells like a work van!!!)

Looking forward to getting it all delivered and starting her conversion. especially stopping those poxy heatshields from rattling/squeaking against the exhaust). While its in the air i'll give her a good service then my mate (top notch valeter/detailer) is going to sort the not very red paint out!

Bits on the wanted list if anyone has them going cheap -

Euro rear lights
sub small enough to go stealthily under the front seats
head unit with bluetooth and ipod compatibility
stainless exhaust
poss side bars am undecided??
bonnet bra (the all black/checked one?)
and anything else you can tempt me with......lol

·
Registered
6,655 Posts
Hi steve........iv not got owt for your van but good luck with it buddy.......you do know these things are more addictive than smackLOL:LOL:

·
Banned
924 Posts
Welcome along fella T: great that you are getting in to the sprit of moddin your bus so soon... 19"s should be a good look, have only seen one other t4 in devon on 19"s... just watch the pot holes :eek:... hopefully catch you at a area meet or show fella T:

·
Trade Member Plus
1,965 Posts
Welcome along and if you thought you could spend money on karting, you have a shock coming chap, but its great fun and like said above very addictiveI:

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks guys, have only owned it a short time and have my next few months wages spent.....lol
Will definately come to a local meet, prob a fish n chip in exmouth night if it's ok with everyone?!
The vans first planned dub trip is BugJam, we've been going for the last few years as someone we know performs there. I'm sure I'll find more than that to go to though.
Cheers for the comments guys!!!!

·
Banned
924 Posts
Will definately come to a local meet, prob a fish n chip in exmouth night if it's ok with everyone?!
Course its ok fella T: everybody is welcome at all the local meets... in a van or not T: the kettle is always on... pop along and say hi...look forward to meeting you fella...:ILU:

·
Registered
131 Posts
ey up chap welcome, seven years iv,e waited for mine just bought a caravelle,well worth the wait but like what has been said before money left what money i simply just can,t earn enough.wouldn,t swap it though T:

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
right, lets see if i've sussed this pictures lark......

it looked like this when i bought it (the pictures are quite kind to it, was very pink!!)

after G3, G10, Finesse it, 2 coats of high carnuba content wax and 2 applications of supaguard to seal it, and some wind deflectors (ran out of energy after that) it looks like this -

Hope the pics come out or this be a very boring post........ :D

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
well another week, another day off tomorrow - off to the workshops at work to lower her 60mm anf it my new 19's (Thanks Ben). Service, inspect the belt (done 40k ago but never sure unless i do it myself) then change any bushes, drop links, ball joints that may be worn, and then i can start driving her at last :D
Then on Sunday - insulation day!!! Think i'm going to get divorced........

1 - 14 of 14 Posts