VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
920 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was finally able to pick up a T4 worthy of what I want it to be, along with right age (03), right mileage (114,000), FSH, etc.

I have restored Beetles which then rotted due to cornish seaside living for a number of years and never quite got round to a camper due to all the usual necessary things in life like a reliable mode of transport to drive 65 miles a day to work, girlfriends, wifes, children, and mortgages
( i remember what the Beetles cost me!)

But now after 2 and a half years of planning I finally found the T4, a 2.5 Tdi (Blue i), 88bhp Diesel. Solid, well serviced, a slight layer of dirt after a few years as a builders van but it was only a site van and never undertook the daily strain as
much as it could have done over the last 5 years.

Good ply in the back, no bulkhead, no stereo (suprise, suprise),
no alloys, just a blank canvas.

Just one problem, how the **** do I get the front light fitting out to slot in clear indicators?

I have a blog runnig at:

http://www.vent-ed.co.uk

and if anyone want a link to their sites just gimmie a shout.

·
Registered
596 Posts
Hi mate and welcolm to the forum, loads of useful info here and well worth investing a tenner to become a full member, which then unlocks loads of useful info.

In answer to your question, lift your bonnet and look between your headlamp and the indicator. You should see a little plastic clip, push it in with a screwdriver and slide the indicator out.

Regards

Trevor

·
Premium Member
6,095 Posts
Welcome to the forum, another one for team blue. :ILU:

·
Registered
920 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi mate and welcolm to the forum, loads of useful info here and well worth investing a tenner to become a full member, which then unlocks loads of useful info.

In answer to your question, lift your bonnet and look between your headlamp and the indicator. You should see a little plastic clip, push it in with a screwdriver and slide the indicator out.

Regards

Trevor
Took your advice and bacame a memberT:

·
Registered
596 Posts
I'll second what Minicharli says - but it will also save you much more than that

Hope you got your new indicators in and cancelled your membersip the the orange indicator club T:

Regards

Trevor

1 - 8 of 8 Posts