VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,105 Posts
I was new the to whole transporter thing in 2019 when I bought my first, the freedom they bring is awesome. What are you planning?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was new the to whole transporter thing in 2019 when I bought my first, the freedom they bring is awesome. What are you planning?
Yes I love that, and the tinkering around with them. I’ve had a few VW vans over the last 20 odd years and as much as I love air-cooled I need something a bit more day to day. Not planning anything to radical (he says), it has a rock and roll bed but nothing else so will add a kitchen unit behind the front seats…and a split charged leisure battery…and a propex style heater…and storage…and electric hook up…etc etc!!! 🤣. There’s just me and my missus and our dog (he’s in the pic) so just add a small awning and away we go.
Have been spraying the awful grey dash so will post pics when I’m finished that…and change the go-cart steering wheel!
Land vehicle Property Vehicle Tire Automotive tire

·
Registered
508 Posts
I did a few removable dash panels, just to try making the van look less like a builders hack and I used a couple of rattle cans from Halfords then a clear coat over the top, dont know how long it will last but in my opinion its a big improvement.
As for the speakers, they just scream out “dont park up near that van” to me😎

·
Full of Cr*p....
10,892 Posts
I think the mirror has a "Technical Term".....it's a "Blind-Spot Mirror" :rolleyes:

I've been using wood stain on plastic with good results (see the section on Bumper Restoration.)

I have 'velle door panels, so difficult to do anything with the fabric trim on them.:(

IMO, the "Go-Kart" size wheel would be OK if stained darker.
I'd luv one that size (my van is ex-disabled, and I thing the PS was up graded as I can do lock-lock with one finger in the centre whilst parked...really good for the tyres when you get lazy, like me!)'
I have the minor problem of an air-bag though. :(

Glad you agree about the speakers.
I have to admit to having a pair in my tailgate.....but until I get around to having my "spare" repainted, and making a new 8mm MDF insert/trim for it, I have to put up with them.o_O

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I did a few removable dash panels, just to try making the van look less like a builders hack and I used a couple of rattle cans from Halfords then a clear coat over the top, dont know how long it will last but in my opinion its a big improvement.
As for the speakers, they just scream out “dont park up near that van” to me😎
Haha the speakers were in there and I’m not a lover of “visible” speakers but for the moment they’ll stay put…and turned down! 🤣

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I think the mirror has a "Technical Term".....it's a "Blind-Spot Mirror" :rolleyes:

I've been using wood stain on plastic with good results (see the section on Bumper Restoration.)

I have 'velle door panels, so difficult to do anything with the fabric trim on them.:(
Blind spot! 🤣🤣🤣

·
Premium Member
5,105 Posts
Lifted the cab area well with the addition of the red, could do with hoovering the mats though :p
Nice to get some humour (banter) back on the forum. :)
Plenty of banter on the forum if you venture into other sections.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Lifted the cab area well with the addition of the red, could do with hoovering the mats though :p

Plenty of banter on the forum if you venture into other sections.
Yep needs a Hoover but the missus is at work so 🤷🏻‍♂️🤣🤣🤣🤣

luckily for me she hasn’t seen this message yet!

·
Premium Member
5,105 Posts
Yep needs a Hoover but the missus is at work so 🤷🏻‍♂️🤣🤣🤣🤣

luckily for me she hasn’t seen this message yet!
Yeah if you're on a laptop or pc make sure not to leave this page on he screen 😂

1 - 20 of 82 Posts