VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
41 - 60 of 82 Posts

·
Full of Cr*p....
10,900 Posts
What type is it?
Compressor or absorption?

Either way, you need some vents behind it (in the cabinet..top and bottom), and better still to have a vent in the side of the cabinet to let "fresh" air behind it.

If absorption, don't expect it to cool very much on 12 volts, and it will flatten a leisure battery in 24 - 48 hours.

Looks good in black, but remember that is the WORST colour for absorbing sunlight (and thus heating the insides up).

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
What type is it?
Compressor or absorption?

Either way, you need some vents behind it (in the cabinet..top and bottom), and better still to have a vent in the side of the cabinet to let "fresh" air behind it.

If absorption, don't expect it to cool very much on 12 volts, and it will flatten a leisure battery in 24 - 48 hours.

Looks good in black, but remember that is the WORST colour for absorbing sunlight (and thus heating the insides up).
It’s 240v only (even though was told 12v as well) and gets very cold. Will be adding the vents before it gets used. And some heat shield round the back.
yeah black is bad for that but style over function! 😉

·
Premium Member
5,119 Posts

·
Full of Cr*p....
10,900 Posts
It’s 240v only (even though was told 12v as well) and gets very cold. Will be adding the vents before it gets used. And some heat shield round the back.
yeah black is bad for that but style over function! 😉
If it's like the one I had....some 35 years ago (!), there are TWO slots for the heating elements...
The existing (fitted) will be the 240 volt one, but there should be an extra tube at the other side to add a 12v element.
Just be aware, it takes about 9 amps from the battery, so only useful when driving and charging.
Easy to wire a relay in to only provide the 12v when the engine is running.

As for the doors/drawers, look at a boat chandlers.....they have LOTS of options for holding doors shut.

How about some tinted dark, silver reflective coating on the front panel (which, as you must know, is easily removable).
Would act like a mirror to see when putting on socks/shoes etc. :p

·
Full of Cr*p....
10,900 Posts
Doesn't that wine can get warm in the sunlight?
(Only saying that, as "some" years ago I was on a campsite in South France, and we "all" decided to have a party on the beach......I bought 6 x 25 litre "canisters" of wine that just looked like Jerry Cans....but plastic!.....Imagine the embarrassment when my Landie dug itself into the sand....and took 6 people to push it back out! o_O )

·
Registered
508 Posts
Wouldnt it have been easier to knock out the two lower panels and put them down on ghe bumper? Maybe just me but I dont like to obstruct the airflow.
I like the bonnet sticker best, looks great on the white bonnet.

·
Full of Cr*p....
10,900 Posts
Headlights are cr*p (light-wise).....and illegal! (no bumps on the sides for the indicators...you need to fit extra lights on the wings!)
Sorry.......

41 - 60 of 82 Posts