VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Just purchased one on ebay - my first. It's had some conversion work done already with new seats, bed, lined, carpeted and smev unit. MY2005 with 150k on the clock.

Runs ok, I'm used to the 1.9 tdi engines and done various jobs on them in the past, but there's some issues I'm unsure of which I'll post up in the correct forums categories rather than here, assuming I cant find answers. I had bought a Crafter originally to convert after we used it to move home with last year, which was perfect for what we needed at the time. We've moved to Cornwall by the way - away from the home counties and with the little one so far a great move. However my partner wasn't that keen, it was too big for her to drive apparently so i thought fair enough, we want to do some EU travel and I'll need her to drive a bit, so we've gone down the T5 route and she's happy and showing some interest in conversions which is great as I'll need a hand!

We're looking at doing a more rustic conversion using recycled materials where we can, so any ideas or examples people would like to post would help us... we're really bad a making decisions! :)

Premium Member
Welcome aboard Ben, congrats on the new purchase (y)
PapaW has done some very cool quirky installs in his T4, worth a look for some ideas on what's possible. Click here
Other thing worth doing is browse the build threads, lots of great builds to look through. Build threads
Feel free to ask any questions, we're here to help 馃

Registered
I鈥檝e seen one van with furniture made from old pallet wood - can鈥檛 remember where though馃檨. Might be worth a tinternet search馃憤馃徎

Registered
I鈥檝e seen one van with furniture made from old pallet wood - can鈥檛 remember where though馃檨. Might be worth a tinternet search馃憤馃徎
When my wife and I were looking at converters we saw one similar at Dirty Weekenders, Worcester, I think.

Premium Member
Really like that look! Reclaimed pallets is a great look for cladding and walls, good insulation too I would imagine. Bit dark though...
Bear in mind that one above doesn't have side windows so will feel dark, with windows and a light stain to the wood I think it'd look awesome. It is making me rethink my work / design thus far :unsure:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts