VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
Have taken the plunge and got an 11 plate T5. Got a couple of questions, The dials cluster seems to move/vibrate slightly in the dash is this a common fault/problem. Went to see my local mechanic and he seems to think it could be just a clip, it has had after market parking sensors fitted so could this have been disturbed when these fitted? Also how do the bulkheads remove i have taken all the bolts out but there is something stopping it on the roof. Finally when going into reverse it seems sometimes to be held back from moving for a split second and then jump into life although has only done this once,is this common. Having never owned one before not sure if these are things that need attention or are just regular quirks. The van has only done 29000.
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Hi, congrats on new van..

The jolting on take off might be hill-hold..which locks on the brakes so you don't need to bother with the handbrake on hills.. its a cool system but only works over a certain hill angle so takes a while to know when to rely on it.

The dash shouldn't wobble, if its under warrenty take it in and see what they say - you might get it sorted for free

No idea on the other bits :)

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
brilliant thanks for your reply that would explain it the two times it has done it were reversing up an incline.

·
Registered
489 Posts
It works going forward too! Only problem I have with hill hold is that because you never need the handbraken when driving I so often forget to put it on when parked... I also now hate driving other cars without it!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts