VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
we have purchased a new t5 to convert but reading this forum each day we are getting worried as to wether we have done the right thing or not!
All you hear is this has bust....thats broken.....my lights on my dash are going bananas at me etc etc!!!!

Does anyone have any good times in their van?
Anyone have a van that doesn't break down?
Anyone just enjoying life and travelling in their van?

Just to put our minds at ease........it can't all be doom and gloom?

Cheers Jon

·
Registered
368 Posts
we have purchased a new t5 to convert but reading this forum each day we are getting worried as to wether we have done the right thing or not!
All you hear is this has bust....thats broken.....my lights on my dash are going bananas at me etc etc!!!!

Does anyone have any good times in their van?
Anyone have a van that doesn't break down?
Anyone just enjoying life and travelling in their van?

Just to put our minds at ease........it can't all be doom and gloom?

Cheers Jon
Hi Jon
I had mine deliverd last January bar one bit of rubber coming un stuck leading to a damp foot well (all fixed) been faultless for 8k. all through France in the summer was a joy to drive, fully converted in my garage best thing I ever did. A: here wet your appetite on this
http://photobucket.com/albums/ff29/lambjiblets/Jason

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Johnny.
we have gone for a highline t28 with swivel captain seats, xenons, power windmirrors, tailgate, mfw.

Jon

·
Registered
40 Posts
Don't worry! No problems with mine yet!
Good call on the xenons and the mfsw. I'd add heated seats for the money as well.

·
Registered
660 Posts
People make the most posts about problems and how to fix them ect, you don't really come on the forum to tell people you have a lovely drive today and nothing has broken this month, most older T5s are on 200k plus I think there just like any other vw if you service them regularly and look after them they should be fine, I think there one of the best smaller vans out there I've drove a lot of other small vans and there all a totally different drive the T5 drives like a large car, I love mine anyway T: I go out every weekend somewhere in it.

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
The joy of the web :D

Count how many serious problems you hear about. Then just think on how many vans are sold each year. Our new 2013 van has had a couple of small problems that the dealer sorted straight away. The important thing is that if you do have a problem any half decent VW dealer will support you. ;)

If I have one comment to make about your order it would be the weight. Is T28 going to be enough? If you add up the Wight of furniture, an R&R bed a a pop up roof it comes to a fair Mitch. Then add all your parafanalia such as awnings, deck chairs, cooking and eating tools, bedding and cloths plus any hobby stuff like bikes and boards. Finally there is you and yours. After doing that we wen't for T30.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeah van-blanc we checked the weight....we should be fine.
we are having it through a conversion company and they advised us it would be more than enough.

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Don't want to labour the point if you are happy with it.

Ours was professionally converted. We were going to order a T28 but the converter recommended T30. We did the arithmetic and went with his advice. It was close and considering the van is always dragging much of the weight around it seemed worthwhile.

Others will have their own view I am sure.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts