VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. Just ordered my first van, a vw T6 swb highline panel van and looking for places in/near london where i can have it sound deadened, insulated & carpet lined. Any ideas which companies do all this ? :)

I've ordered the van to be ply lined but now changed my mind and i want it carpet lined. Shall i call the dealer and cancel that or shall i let them fit the ply lining and then remove & keep them after. New to this and not sure how the carpet lining works (if they use ply or not).

Also thinking if its worth having the van PPF-ed (pain protection film) to help against scratches etc.

Many Thanks,

·
Premium Member
4,705 Posts
Hi all. Just ordered my first van, a vw T6 swb highline panel van and looking for places in/near london where i can have it sound deadened, insulated & carpet lined. Any ideas which companies do all this ? :)

I've ordered the van to be ply lined but now changed my mind and i want it carpet lined. Shall i call the dealer and cancel that or shall i let them fit the ply lining and then remove & keep them after. New to this and not sure how the carpet lining works (if they use ply or not).

Also thinking if its worth having the van PPF-ed (pain protection film) to help against scratches etc.

Many Thanks,
We have done the T6, Excatly the same as the 5, unless you are chucking tools etc in the back I suggest to cancel the ply lining as it's very ill fitting and just screwed into place... Sound proof, insulate and line it will transform it..

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
We have done the T6, Excatly the same as the 5, unless you are chucking tools etc in the back I suggest to cancel the ply lining as it's very ill fitting and just screwed into place... Sound proof, insulate and line it will transform it..

I'm a carpenter by trade so i'll be carrying my tools with it and the odd 8x4 plywood/mdf sheets. Guess if am careful enough should be fine just with carpet lined. Will contact you guys for a quote soon. Many thanks

·
Registered
33 Posts
I've a question if you don't mind. Why would I bother insulating my Kombi if I only intend to use it as family transport? I can understand sound deadening and carpet but not insulation. I won't be sleeping in mine. Thanks in advance and apologies for jacking the thread :)

·
Premium Member
3,304 Posts
I've a question if you don't mind. Why would I bother insulattemperature in theKombi if I only intend to use it as family transport? I can understand sound deadening and carpet but not insulation. I won't be sleeping in mine. Thanks in advance and apologies for jacking the thread :)
The insulation will further dampen the wind and road noise. It will also keep the temperature more stable. You wont get hot so quickly on a warm day. You will retain more heat when you are driving with the heaters on....a definite bonus for rear kombi passengers.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts