VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
T4 2.5 TDi 2003 SWB
4,622 Posts
Nah, me neither!!! :poop: I prefer vehicles with character, like the good ol' T4 ;)(y)
If I ever wanted to buy another Transporter I think it would be the T6 4x4 off roader >>

But I think at 50 grand it can stay there!

TURK

·
Registered
319 Posts
They just look like vans to me - as far as I'm concerned, it's what you use them for that matters🙂

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Bit of a better picture
Just doesn't look any better
Looks like a taxi
Not impressed

·
Registered
148 Posts
yeah, I saw a few pictures a couple days ago.

My first thought: "That looks like a Toyota."

So sad this is the direction VW is going. Not that I am going to buy one new VW bus anytime soon... perfectly happy with my T4 at the moment!

·
Registered
241 Posts
I’d go so far as to say the Vito looks better.

The T7 seems to have lost the look of a van. I can’t picture how a converted T7 would look but maybe less MPV if it doesn’t have windows all round.

might just be the perspective in the pictures but it looks small to me too.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
whoever styled that needs to lose their job! it's butt ugly!!
The side on shot looks like a bad photoshop job - like someone's cobble together pictures of the side of a Sharan, an Up! and some Toyota nonsense.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Haven't posted on hear for years. Good to see you all again. A quick update: I sold my 2007 T5 conversion with 150,000 miles on the clock in 2018 and swapped it for a LWB petrol 2.0 twin turbo and had the conversion done by Vanworx (they did a great job). So glad I got the petrol. It is thirsty, but such a nice drive. The thinking around swapping in 2018 was this one will see me through to when there is a decent electric or hybrid version available.

That may be a long wait. Van was in for a service at Sytner Llandudno yesterday and the Commercial Vehicle sales guy said he understood that VW are not making a hybrid but the next one will be all electric with a range of 80 miles at new. 80 miles!!!!! My standard round trip (London to North Wales) is 300 miles. With a heavy foot and a bit of luggage that's 4 recharges (when new) and probably 5-6 when it's a few years old. Jokers.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts