VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just spotted a new awning from Outdoor Revolution called the Nomad Uno. Instead of attaching to the side of the van, it sits at the rear and overlaps with the tailgate.

Maybe not as useful as extra space to the van (if you've got the stndard side door layout) but just reverse up to it and open the tailgate, no phaffing awning rails and positioning the van to get the best fit. Like the idea of just having the open sided space, sort of like a put-out awning but with useful 'room' to leave stuff in when leaving the pitch.

Maybe a useful alternative to the ever popular Kyham awnings.

http://www.outdoor-revolution.com/campervan_awnings.htm

·
Registered
403 Posts
Seen this a while ago on ebay & have been considering getting oneT:
I saw the advert on ebay too, then checked the outdoor revolution site out, and came across the Nomad 2+2,

...which I thought was more practical for us, so I went back to ebay and picked a new one up for £155 with free postage H: , i,ll let you know what its like when it turns up T:

·
Registered
105 Posts
Already have a good awning from Just Kampers for my T4 BUT I managed to beak one of the black fibreglass poles earlier this year (actually the wind did it!!) and I'm having problems sourcing a replacement.

Anyone got any ideas of where I can get a replacement??

·
Registered
2,798 Posts
Sections of fibreglass poles available from any good camping shop. I recently got some from Camperlands, if you google them I am sure they have a online shop. All you need to do is measure the pole diameter, as there are about 4 different sizes available. Mine is 12mm diamater and they cosy £2.50 each (600mm long)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts