VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,
picked up my first ever VW Transporter last night. She's a 2004 1.9 TDI Kombi:

Can anyone recommend a someone I could take her for a service/thorough check over before I start clocking up the miles? Preferably close to Brighton.

Thinking of upgrading the suspension as she seems a bit 'lurchy'. Could be the big wheels, but I reckon the suspension is ready for an upgrade. Any thoughts on this?

I'm all ears!

·
Premium Member
3,071 Posts
Welcome to Team White Tom T: the fun starts here!

I'm 5 weeks into owning my van and as you found it wallowing in the corners so I opted for H&R 50mm lowering springs which has made a good improvement.

Depending on your budget, many opt to upgrade the shocks to coilovers too as they'll make for a comfier ride whilst being able to set the height you want.

If you go springs alone, I'd recommend getting a set that comes with rear top mounts and front drop links as these will probably be worn on your van.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey, thanks for the info and welcome!

Am thinking of getting the van lowered a little, and definitely am thinking of new shocks. Can you recommend anyone? I live in Brighton, East Sussex.

Cheers,
T

·
Registered
rusty heap ('95 t4)
2,786 Posts
If you go springs alone, I'd recommend getting a set that comes with rear top mounts and front drop links as these will probably be worn on your van.
depending on the previous owners, a 2004 van could be just worn out:*

probably benefit from suspension bushings, dampers & springs at that ageT:

Rich.

·
Registered
rusty heap ('95 t4)
2,786 Posts
depending on the previous owners, a 2004 van could be just worn out:*

probably benefit from suspension bushings, dampers & springs at that ageT:

Rich.
PS.

Welcome to the money-pit ownershipLOL:LOL:LOL:

Rich.

·
Premium Member
3,071 Posts
Hey, thanks for the info and welcome!

Am thinking of getting the van lowered a little, and definitely am thinking of new shocks. Can you recommend anyone? I live in Brighton, East Sussex.

Cheers,
T
No problem at all. Just passing on the knowledge I learnt since joining this site. T:

Have a scout through the suspension section, plenty of helpful info in there that will hopefully be more catered to your van.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts