• T55

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • T30

Votes: 7 100.0%
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

New to the forum and after a long arduous search I'm also new to the T5.1 ... as I've finally got one! With staycations on the boom and a newborn in December I didn't think the day would come, but I got lucky and it has.

Lucky is a bit of an understatement, as I found a listing in my preferred colour, preferred upgrades and styling choices and the lineouts by Exploria with, again, my target choices. So I'm stoked. TBH I was looking forward to working on a camper project myself, but with a new family etc. I'll take the win and just get on with the adventuring!

I do have a question for the community off the bat though, one which may seem a bit OTT for day one, but as the vans pretty much complete I thought it was worth asking... My awesome other half is looking to gift me a license plate to celebrate the find and purchase etc. She asked if I had any ideas? Many of my immediate thoughts were gone as you might imagine, but my question is regarding if there are any do and don'ts within the T5 camper world for the following?

I've got a 2014 T5.1 Kombi Highline 140 T30 with the fullwidth Exploria Kombi-Bed (not a full conversion for a T30). I've been looking at plates that start T50, T55 and T30 and I'm leaning towards a T30 plate, as it was the target buy for me and it's on the money for van spec. I'm a bit ott on precision (I have to be for work), so maybe I'm over-thinking it, but T50 isn't quite right as it's a 5.1 and T55 isn't a 5.1... I imagine the majority answer will be go with what you like, but just thought I'd throw it out to the group if anyone's been down the same road?

Other than that, stoked to be here and see you on the road!

Premium Member
2015 vw t5.1 startline t28 swb
Congratulations on the new van, personally I think I'd try and go with t30 馃憤

Registered
Hi everyone,

New to the forum and after a long arduous search I'm also new to the T5.1 ... as I've finally got one! With staycations on the boom and a newborn in December I didn't think the day would come, but I got lucky and it has.

Lucky is a bit of an understatement, as I found a listing in my preferred colour, preferred upgrades and styling choices and the lineouts by Exploria with, again, my target choices. So I'm stoked. TBH I was looking forward to working on a camper project myself, but with a new family etc. I'll take the win and just get on with the adventuring!

I do have a question for the community off the bat though, one which may seem a bit OTT for day one, but as the vans pretty much complete I thought it was worth asking... My awesome other half is looking to gift me a license plate to celebrate the find and purchase etc. She asked if I had any ideas? Many of my immediate thoughts were gone as you might imagine, but my question is regarding if there are any do and don'ts within the T5 camper world for the following?

I've got a 2014 T5.1 Kombi Highline 140 T30 with the fullwidth Exploria Kombi-Bed (not a full conversion for a T30). I've been looking at plates that start T50, T55 and T30 and I'm leaning towards a T30 plate, as it was the target buy for me and it's on the money for van spec. I'm a bit ott on precision (I have to be for work), so maybe I'm over-thinking it, but T50 isn't quite right as it's a 5.1 and T55 isn't a 5.1... I imagine the majority answer will be go with what you like, but just thought I'd throw it out to the group if anyone's been down the same road?

Other than that, stoked to be here and see you on the road!
T30 or T51 馃憤

1 - 5 of 5 Posts