VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
892 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks

just bought my first T4 (from The Monk who told me about the forum), drove it back to Edinburgh from the deep South and signed up to the forum.

My folks had a T2 Westfalia which I inherited but some scumbag picked up and took away on a truck while I was out at work about 12 years back. So i'm really excited about getting back into it all and enjoying some quality family time away out on the road.

The monk did such an awesome job on the van that I suspect the hints and tips I'll be looking for are all about where's good to go and so on rather than about how to do anythign to the van but you never know!

:ILU:

Domhnall

·
Registered
892 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
welcome aboard. yeah monks van is lush. good buy. T:
I know. I decided to look for one, logged on about ten mins after he listed it and then bought it. First van I looked at. And now I read about people who hunt for months and months.

Can't believe my luck! His daughter looked like I'd just stolen her toys when I drove it away mind, I felt bad for about the first 10 miles back up the M5 :)

·
Registered
450 Posts
Shocking to hear the sad news about your T2 Westfalia. WELCOME top the forum!

·
Registered
892 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Shocking to hear the sad news about your T2 Westfalia. WELCOME top the forum!
cheers, the worst bit was the fact that my neighbours watched and were happy because "it was rusty and an eyesore"

But onwards and upwards, I have an awesome T4 now! A:

·
Registered
892 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
You lucky lucky man T:
don't I know it. And Nathan is a real gent too. We were both a bit paranoid that the other might be a bit dodgy and it turned out we had nothing to worry about, had a good natter, did the deal and drove off Northwards.

Can't wait to get out in it but the next few weekends are all booked up with family events. Mind you I work from home with a PC so if it's a nice day I'm moving the office to the beach :)

·
Registered
892 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Welcome to the forum, looking forward to seeing some picturesT:
I have put some pics up that the monk had done last year so I can show friends and family what I bought - they're at www.tayforthphotos.co.uk/vantastic

Drop the vantastic part to see my own photo work too if you want to see something other than T4s :)

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
I might to be stating the obvious but you gotta be so happy with that!!

it's one of the best looking campers ever, everything about it is just so rightT:

just get out and enjoy it

1 - 20 of 24 Posts