VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I have recently purchased a LWB 2.4 T4 1996. It has had part conversion inside and came with a JustKampers Awning. We came home this morning after our first night away! We really enjoyed the experience and were suprised at how big the awning was although we were kept awake a lot of the night with the suckers of the awning banging on the roof as they came loose! Any idea how we can attach the awning differently. I have read about the rails but unsure as to how they work or if the awning we have will fit?

Also, our petrol and temperature guage do not work although they did come on together a few times on the drive home but the petrol guage was just travelling up and down. The speedo works fine. The previous owner has changed the lights behind the dash so they show blue so we were wondering if this could have anything to do with it?

Does anyone know if the newer style rear bumpers will fit my T4? Sorry for all the questions! Any advice will be appreciated!!

Will try and post some pics soon, we have a long way to go but are up for it, especially seeing how good the end results can be!

Thanks again

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Hi, I have recently purchased a LWB 2.4 T4 1996. It has had part conversion inside and came with a JustKampers Awning. We came home this morning after our first night away! We really enjoyed the experience and were suprised at how big the awning was although we were kept awake a lot of the night with the suckers of the awning banging on the roof as they came loose! Any idea how we can attach the awning differently. I have read about the rails but unsure as to how they work or if the awning we have will fit?

Also, our petrol and temperature guage do not work although they did come on together a few times on the drive home but the petrol guage was just travelling up and down. The speedo works fine. The previous owner has changed the lights behind the dash so they show blue so we were wondering if this could have anything to do with it?

Does anyone know if the newer style rear bumpers will fit my T4? Sorry for all the questions! Any advice will be appreciated!!

Will try and post some pics soon, we have a long way to go but are up for it, especially seeing how good the end results can be!

Thanks again
I fit my JK awning over the top of the van using a rope and a tent peg
I had heard that the suckers were not very good and rather pricey
So I did not get them
The rope holds the flap just fine and only takes a couple of mins to do

Andy

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
hello there, cant answer the question about your awning however i can say welcome you will love it!! :)

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi, thanks, I'm addicted to this site already!! Soooo much info! Can't wait for the weekend to go away again!! There's loads of decals on the van nad have been in and out during the break in rain trying to get them off!! Just need to win the lottery now to buy all the things that I've seen I want!!!

I'm living in South Wales and was wondering if there;s any groups near me? Thanks again for the welcome and the pics

Sunshine

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hiya, thanks for the info. Living in sunny Merthyr Tydfil!! Spoke to a T4 owner in my parents street the other day, gave us loads of info and advice and recommended this forum!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts