VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
Firstly really nice van m8, also this thread really helps as looking too updated our speakers etc throughout the van, also interested in where you got the steering wheel from T:

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Thanks for your comment! T: Stereo wise the biggest challenges are getting it wired into the Can Bus and also with the rear speakers I found there wasnt a huge amount of depth behind the Drivers side (Its bigger on the passenger side due to the door mechanism i think).

I changed the front speakers for components too which sound a million times better (there wasnt a tweeter in vans beyond 06 though there is still the spot for one.

Steering Wheel came from eBay from a chap in Portugal and cost £230+£40 delivery, it arrived in 3 working days so was well impressed despite my original reservations.

It makes a massive difference to the feel of the vehicle, especially when coupled with the gear stick too!

Cheers,

R

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
So I have been spending some time and money on updating the van again. I finished off the internal carpeting, debadged the tailgate (Left my VW logo of course) and installed New captains seats (better pics to come)...

Also did a covering on the ceiling, though i think i'm gonna switch it back as the Jury is out!

Cheers,

Rich

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Captains Seats are in!

And a slightly clearer shot of the novelty roof lining!

She's come a long way from this...

·
Registered
7 Posts
I see youve got the exploria bed system, how have you found it? Comfortable, practical, versatile, easy to install and take out etc? Im thinking about getting one for my Kombi but would like to hear some feedback before i shell out my hard earned!! Do you find that when your not using the bed to sleep on, it takes up too much space within the van?, during the day etc.....hope that makes sense!

·
Registered
394 Posts
I see youve got the exploria bed system, how have you found it? Comfortable, practical, versatile, easy to install and take out etc? Im thinking about getting one for my Kombi but would like to hear some feedback before i shell out my hard earned!! Do you find that when your not using the bed to sleep on, it takes up too much space within the van?, during the day etc.....hope that makes sense!
I'll be looking forward to the reply here, been wondering about these myself :*

Lovely van rskardon T:

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Hi, Sorry for the long delay, been away a lot, The exploria bed is grea, quite firm but easily as big as a double (i use a double sheet on it and it just fits). I dont really take it out often as i dont often carry more than windsurf boards which fit nicely underneath but it doesnt take long, though its in heavy due to the solid steelwork build, but that's reassuring.

Build quality on the whole is very good, and i wouldnt say it takes up much space, i kind of see it as a giant parcel shelf ;-)

Its expensive but you pay for the good fit and finish and i reckon it'll hold value for re-sale well,

Rich

·
Registered
70 Posts
Im looking at this bed system too. Need to figure out what height legs to go for. rskardon where did you have your windows done. What are they and what did you pay?

Im a surfer and feel the exploria system is the way to go! All boards and stuff onderneath in boxes then your set!

21 - 31 of 31 Posts