VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys and girls, just wanted to say hello as I have recently joined this lovely place after taking ownership of my late step-father's T4 Camper, that he had converted back in Feb. 1997 by AVA Leisure. in 2010 he had a Hi-Top roof fitted by Wentworth. It is a 2.4Diesel that has had a TB Turbo kit fitted, I have read that these guys were doing good things back in the day, what are peoples opinion on this conversion and what maintenance would you recommend if any for this?
Remarkably, the van has only just turned 44,000 miles on the clock (mot's validate this) and so I am hoping she is good for a good few years to come.
I will be installing a Leisure battery and split charger system shortly, as our fisrt outing, just a week ago, resulted in a flat battery after having the cool box plugged in for too long (it turns out!).
Anyway, rambling randomly, so will end , but I have already seen some very useful posts and look forward to posting my updates and no doubt looking for advise along the way.
So, TB Turbo conversion - was it worth it for increased BHP and do I need to service anything on it? I have just changed all filters and the engine oil (most of which I ended wearing as funnel was too narrow!!).

Thank you and - HI :)(y)

Registered
Hi there Mothytj and welcome.
It looks like a nice van from your avatar pic ....can we see more please :geek: .
Not personally being a t4 man i can't help you with maintenance tips but i'm sure someone more helpful will be along soon .
Good to hear your getting out and using it 馃憤...not so good about your flat battery 馃檭

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
Hi there Mothytj and welcome.
It looks like a nice van from your avatar pic ....can we see more please :geek: .
Not personally being a t4 man i can't help you with maintenance tips but i'm sure someone more helpful will be along soon .
Good to hear your getting out and using it 馃憤...not so good about your flat battery 馃檭
Hi...again
Sorry for the duplicate posts, but after I posted this, I couldn't see it anymore!? Still getting to grips with the site workings o_O

1 - 4 of 4 Posts