VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi people, Can anyone whos a real VW expert tell me about the vw's?!! theres a gooden on ebay... T4 03 plate, 153 miles diesel, 2.5 tdi camper van (fitted properly)...but not sure on price yet, any ideas what I should offer? also, is the 1.9 alot less pokey than the 2.5? any idea on mpg.....orrrrr....is it better to get a blank canvas and get the camer bits put in yourself? AND!!!!! whats the difference between a t4 and t5?! thick question I know, but I am a bird!!! whats best for a new owner? Oh im sao excited, had a bongo last year, but a vw was what I really wanted!! Thanks in advance! :)

·
Premium Member
1,678 Posts
lot of tarted up overpriced builders van with dodgy alloys and underrated tyres on the bay, and loads of scammers, be careful.
if you buy converted as a camper take someone who has done their own conversion to view it,
if you are paying someone to convert choose a convertor based on reputation as their are many cashing in on the scene without skills or nouse to run a business..

and welcome, ps keep the bongo quiet..

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi people, thanks so much for your responses and help so far... the ebay number simon telford is....301471039556...it gets more scary the more you find out if im honest, but I agree nwilko there does seems to be alot of builder-ee types on there....not sure what Im getting myself into, but I know itll be worth it when you're sat there in your camper with with a glass of vino watching the sun set!!T: thanks again

·
Registered
256 Posts
Just looked at the bus looks very nice,deaf worth a look, and at the end of the day i would'nt be 2 put off an ex builders van if it is one, as 90% of t4 are builders vans at the end of the day it's a van? but like i say it looks very nice, cant see any history details so that would be something i ask about T:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
GOd it took me ages to find my thread!!! new to forums! Thanks Simon Telford for having a look, ill keep you posted! nice to meet nice peeps:)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts