VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

has anybody had this happen? I got a garage to put a new vacuum pump on that I obtained from ebay because the old one was pretty rattely, and now i've got no servo assist on my brakes!

I’ve taken the pipe off the pump and put a finger over it, and indeed there is no suction at all. Could I have put the wrong one on? German, Swedish and French list a couple of different models, with a change over date of 94.

Its a 2.4d 96 by the way.

Chris

·
Registered
813 Posts
i got same thing
only exeption is that mine is a 2003 2.5tdi
i sent mine back to dealer to have it replaces under warranty but when i got it back i had dodgy brakes
its now been with them a week and they now tell me they are changing the servo aswell...
so well see, change as many parts as you want.......

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just thought i'd post a reply to my question since i'm now found the problem. Took the van back to the garage that fitted the pump orignally. They took it off and found that the pump had not been assembled correctly in the factory. The bolt that goes down the moddle wasn't done up enough apparently. Anyway they fixed it for no extra charge and now i've got a non rattely van!

Think there may be some moral to the story about buying cheap parts of fleebay......

1 - 3 of 3 Posts