VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Got my new 15 plate white T30 140ps Highline Kombi last week. Got rid of my 4x4 to use this as the new family runabout and towcar for our twin axle caravan

https://www.flickr.com/gp/[email protected]/692x31

https://www.flickr.com/gp/[email protected]/4B8XaY

Yesterday she was lowered 40mm on H&Rs. And the van sits much nicer now.

https://www.flickr.com/gp/[email protected]/m5k8df

The major mods start next week with it going to 2 Transporter conversion companies. So will update this post then.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Looking good there mate. good choice with the windows. I was torn but wimped out last min and went with just the fronts.
I'll keep an eye out for you too now.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looking good there mate. good choice with the windows. I was torn but wimped out last min and went with just the fronts.
I'll keep an eye out for you too now.
Not over yet mate.

In now at Hinckley Campers Wrx having more stuff done to it. So will be all change again ;)

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Ok.

It been sound deadened, insulated and carpet lined.
LED lights in roof lining
Extra 12v sockets fitted
Westfalia detachable towbar with full 13pin electrics fitted
Sportline front and rear spoiler fitted
Sportline black alloys fitted
Front upper and lower grilles painted gloss black with chrome trim added
VW front drls colour coded and fitted.

I think thats it for now??

Pics to follow

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Ok. Finally got out to the van today to give it a spruce up after its make over.

Sportline front with drls. Also changed the headlight drl bulbs for led, although they give off quite a blue glow compared to the bumper drls so may look for alternative

Sportline rear spoiler with the obligatory Sportline black alloy wheels. Although these might be replaced for 20s next year if i can find some i like.

Interior has had sound deadening, recycled plastic insulation, carpet lined and 4 led rooflights fitted. The rooflights either come on via the doors opening or can be manually switched on via a switch on the roof console. The lights really do brighten up the interior at night.

Finally two 12v sockets fitted in the back lower front seat panels so the kids can charge their ipads whilst travelling.

Ive also had the Westfalia detachable towbar fitted with 13pin electrics. To be honest ive had Witter and Towtrust detachable towbars on previous cars and i find their release mechanisms for the towbar much better the Westfalia's but i suppose i will have to live with it.

I just want a few more bits to complete the exterior now such as sidebars, wind deflectors, mudflaps, roof rails and a bumper sill protector. Interior wise all i want is a satnav head unit and speaker upgrade. But thats for next year now as i need to let the bank balance recover!

·
Registered
93 Posts
First trip out with the T5 towing our twin axle. Stopping at Grafham water for the weekend. It pulled the van admirably. 26mpg according to the trip, however accurate that is?

Nice setup you've got there, its a bit sad but I always love the look of my van and caravan on the road!

1 - 20 of 36 Posts