VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new here. It delights me to once again own something that there is forums for.

I have bought a direct from Germany Multivan Highline 2004. One owner, all the service history. Drives nice, everything works. Its had all its fluids and filters changed. Nothing is broken, Except one sliding door, but I will do that in another post. I am quite mechanically minded but I have no manual and no idea howa lot of this thing works.
It has a leisure battery, what does that run?
It has a factory heater.... how does that work (it apparently does indeed work)
It sounds smooth, pulls well and runs nicely. However, to me, it sounds 'throaty' when I poke it. Is that a normal t5 thing or is there an exhaust leak?
Does anyone have a manual?
Does anyone here use a carly or simelar obd reader? Expereinces? Apps?

I leave it at that. I am going to make a video of the sliding door..... its a bit odd. I think the sensors are working.

Heres a photo of it. Day after I took ownership we embarked on a 2000 km trip to the south of france..... no fear!
Tire Wheel Car Land vehicle Plant

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Welcome to the forum - sounds like a great van you've got yourself.
What engine does it have? I'm guessing it's the 5 cylinder 2.5 if it's a Multivan rather than the 1.9 more commonly found in the panelvans etc. Or is it petrol? In which case I've no idea what they sounds like as I've never had the joys of hearing one! 😁
The 2.5's sound pretty good though when they're driven a bit harder with plenty of torque and power.
Hi, thanks for the welcome! Yes its the 5 cyl 2.5 174bhp. It goes link stink. It does sound good. Just a bit throaty is really the only way I can describe it.Not at all rattly or anything.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Have a look at post #17 here - looks like Mars got 380bhp at the wheels 😲 May need to stop dreaming now, as I think we have hijacked op’s thread. Sorry.

I enjoy a post hijack. I was tempted by a VR6 one from Poland but this one won me over.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts