VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So here they are...

can anyone recommend a good tyre size so I can get the van reasonably low too?

It's a panel van currently, slowly getting converted to a light use day van!

Thanks for looking
:ILU:

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Also, best place to buy "official" hub centric spigot rings?

Or is that a generic name? Can't believe no one likes my new wheels!!

Sad face!!

Thanks

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Haha! YES thank you pezza,

I've read they need to be hub centric as these are best? Couldn't see any the right size onnthe bay, only ones that say "ebays cheapest" in the picture, which puts me off a little!

Thanks

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ah thanks colese, I'll get some of those sorted, I need 73.1-57.1 right?

They aren't new, they're "new" to me, came in the original boxes and thought the box label might help you guys get an idea on how these might fit, and correct me if wrong on things like offset and sPigot size!

Can't fit them to the van until next weekend, only had the van a couple of weeks and blew my paint job money on a last minute trip to the alps (vans maiden voyage) for a spot of skiing and a drop of whiskey!

Hoping these wheels and a 60mm drop might make me love it a bit more, could I go any lower tho with this size and offset?

Thanks

·
sc vw customs 1.9tdi convert
17,028 Posts
spigots in that link will work mate...

tyre size will decide on how low you will be able to go..if you are happy running 225 40 19 then you can go as low as you like...

bigger higher load rated tyres will dictate height...

on those 19inch rims mate i would stick to the 60mm drop or your teeth will rattle out..

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Sweet, I'll get some on order then,

You say "if I'm happy with that tyre size" are those a bad tyre size for the rim? I've been looking for photos of vans lowered at different heights on 19" wheels so I could get an idea if how it will look,

Take it the ride isn't going to be nice then?

·
Registered
5,259 Posts
can you send a pic in once you have fitted them please . we have been looking at these but in 17" . would love to see how they look on the van T:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts